What a great place to stay in San Clemente. We were lucky enough to stay in room 337 for 4 nights from 4/5 through 4/9. We checked in around 9 pm, as our flight into LAX had landed at 7 pm. The young man who checked us in was very nice and helpful.
When we got to our room, I was very impressed. My husband is an Intercontenal Club member and we stay at lots of Holiday Inns. This is, by far, the nicest Holiday Inn that we have been to. The room was spacious and clean. There was a little musty smell when we got there but it quickly disapated after we opened the balcony door. The bathroom was very nice and looked recently redone. The bed was a little hard for me, but it was fine. The refrigerator and microwave really came in handy.
The next morning I opened the drapes and was so happy to be able to see the ocean. The view was very nice and we spent hours on the balcony looking at the town as well as the ocean.
There are lots of restaurants and shops a block away and we walked to the pier a few times as well to have breakfast or dinner. The walk is about .8 miles and very pleasant.
The last morning we had breakfast at the hotel and it was very good. We met Todd and he was as nice as everyone says he is. He couldn't do enough for us. In fact, he was our waiter since the restaurant was so busy. But, even being busy, he took the time to meet with and speak to everyone in the restaurant. My husband was ordering breakfast and Todd remarked that the special was basically the same thing and would cost a lot less. We were impressed.
Todd also let us know that our next stop (the Palazzo in Las Vegas) is also an Intercontental hotel. I was able to call ahead and not only did my husband get points for our stay there but, we also got the special amenities that come with being a member.
One problem we had, which is no reflection on the hotel, was the group of young people in the room next to us. Because we had ajoining balconies, when they came in at 3 am and continued to party until 5 am on our last two nights, they woke us up and we found it difficult to get back to sleep until they quieted down. I understand that they were having a good time, it is what it is. Again, no fault of the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was going to San Clemente. Is it fancy, no, not at all. But, it is clean, has a great view and the service is great. It is so refreshing to have people genuinely care about your stay with them.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Clemente Hotel
- Holiday Inn San Clemente Hotel San Clemente
- San Clemente Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful 72 room full service hotel in historic San Clemente. Enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean or take a stroll through downtown past the shops and restaurants to San Clemente Pier or San Clemente Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn San Clemente reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.