“Cozy, clean, classy - H.I. San Clemente” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn San Clemente

You added Holiday Inn San Clemente to your Saves list
Holiday Inn San Clemente
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   111 South Avenue de la Estrella, San Clemente, CA 92673   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Cozy, clean, classy - H.I. San Clemente”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We were visiting our son in this sweet little city of San Clemente and found it to be very comfortable and pleasant. It was a bit farther from our son's home than some other local hotels, but after having stayed at another establishment closer to him that we were not as happy with, the quality more than made up for the distance. The hotel staff was gracious and accomodating, the public areas very well maintained especially as this is an older hotel that could have been left to decline . . . but rather they have preserved the physical property as well as the essence of old-time customer service (increasingly rare, sadly). Little extras like fresh fruit at the reception desk, fine dining at the hotel restaurant, and always pleasant attitudes from all the staff make this hotel a cut above others in it's class. We look forward to many more happy times there!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
holidayInn90672, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Clemente, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel.
As you mentionned, we are all dedicated to deliver the best Guest service and help you to enjoy the best of San Clemente named by locals "the spanish village by the sea"
Our night shift still host the Guest apreciation night on Tuesday and Thursday each Guest get 2 complementary drinks from 5.30pm to 7.00pm.
We recentely updated our room with new nicely design desk chair and more update are on the way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lewiston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My son is stationed at Camp Pendleton I tried to find something nearby. But did I ever luck out or should I say I hit the JACKPOT. The entire staff was nothing but very polite and friendly. The rooms were very clean and up to date. The location was walking distance to many local shops and some really great restaurants and within 10 minutes of Camp Pendleton. I met some amazing people staying there and recommend it highly. What I liked the least was having to leave.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Freeway access was great, since this was a work trip. For vacation, there are places closer to the ocean. Walking distance from great shops and places to eat.

The room was spacious and had lots of working area, not just room for me to walk around the bed. I liked having a useable desk and sofa, and the patio was equally nice - but offered little privacy.

One bight the neighbor turned out to be a couple boys getting drunk and loud, but it was soon quieted - so I give good marks for the management.

I didn't use the pool, but it looked ok, nothing special. I will be back to this place, and I'm happy my job will send me back to Cali again soon!

• Stayed August 2011
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

The Holiday inn at San Clemente is like home away from home. The facility ivery clean. Todd the manager does mange the hotel very well. The staff do a wonderful job meeting all your needs.We have been going there x 3 yrs and look forward to getting out of the Az heat for a week. They have added a event, each evening they have a BBQ/Drinks. Its a nice touch. Thank byou Todd and staff for an enjoyable stay as always.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Calif
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

This hotel is backed up to I-5 and we were worried about the noise when we first saw it. Didn't hear a thing outside, has great insulation but were on the West side of the building in a jacuzzi room. I don't know if it makes any difference if you were on the back side. All the employees were exceptionally nice and helpful. Hotel was very clean and had a refrigerato and a microwave.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
La Canada Flintridge, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

My wife and I have stayed in San Clemente many times in my in-law's condo and had stayed several times in the Holiday Inn Express on the north side of the city when our family needed additional lodging for famiy members. We just stayed at the Holiday Inn in downtown San Clemente for the first time this week and were very pleased with the hotel which has an excellent location next to Avenida Del Mar which is the main street in the city. The staff was friendly and professional, especially the General Manager, Todd Forrester, who noticed that I was double-booked with the Holiday Inn and hotels.com. He called me and helped me resolve this matter before I may of been charged double for the first night of my stay. He was very courteous and called me again to confirm that I had resolved this issue a week before my stay. The room rates were very reasonable and we are looking foward to our next stay there in November.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Chose this hotel to be close to Pizza Port... a world-class brew pub with great pizza. That worked out well, and the hotel is close to Avenida Del Mar, which has lots of other restaurants and beach access. The hotel was adequate, but the room had an odd smell. So, if that sort of thing bothers you look for another place to stay. I found it tolerable this time... but next time I'll look for something else close by.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
holidayInn90672, Manager at Holiday Inn San Clemente, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry and disapointed to read that we haven't been able to make your stay completely enjoyable. I asked our Housekeeping manager to investigate on the cause of this.
I would like to take this opportunity to mention that we are starting the last part of our remodeling, and we are curentely receiving new in room furniture which is going to get instelled with new carpet, wallpaper and total bathroom remodeling.

Been to Holiday Inn San Clemente? Share your experiences!