“Happy ending to a rough start!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in San Clemente
Mesa, Arizona
“Happy ending to a rough start!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Travelodge San Clemente Beach on Labor Day weekend. We had been been down the I-15 down the 8 and up I-5 when we finally found a hotel with vacancy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This hotel was way more than we expected. It was very clean, the beds, bedding, bathroom and carpet. The beds and pillows were also very comfortable and the room was very spacious. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sun Valley, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I recently was put into a Motel 6 in Santa Ana that was so filthy that I had an unplanned trip to the E.R.(if there are cockroaches, that should tell you something bad!) and after 1 week there I moved to this Travelodge..A BIG difference! The management (Nick and Jenny)were unfailingly polite and helpful, and their maid staff were very friendly and efficient. Whereas the Motel 6 only cleaned the room ONCE a week(That's right, I said ONCE!) this hotel does DAILY room cleanings and you can tell the difference.I had a nice room with a balcony that had a decent view of the ocean.The only gripe I could site would be a lack of open parking but that is really picking nits when you take into consideration how good the rest of the package is.I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Try for 109...nice balcony and it's a large room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I travel ALOT for work and let me tell you the staff at this place is out of this world!!! I checked in about 2am. The manager that was working the night shift really too the extra step to make sure all my needs were taken care of. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN ROOMS!! I am a really clean freak i was really amazed to see how clean the rooms were. Nice clean bad full pillows. Flat screen tv. Nice view of out side. I WOULD REALLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE FOR MY OWN FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The San Clemente Travelodge is an older hotel on the city's main drag. It's basic with not too many frills. Space is at such a premium that the Coke and ice machines are outside the lobby in the parking garage.

Honestly, I might have given this rating an "average" instead of "poor" except for the fact that our room reeked of pot. We thought it was a previous guest after the scent went away, but the next morning, it came back in full force, leading us to think it was someone across the hall. Now, hotels can't always control its guests. But we were staying there over Christmas with our family, which made it worse. The staff, though, was nice and accommodating, even adding a lemony scent to our room (perhaps we were a little too subtle in explaining our situation).

Bottom line: If you're young and looking for a cheap place to crash by the beach, this would be good. For families, though, look somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

This small hotel met all our needs as my husband and I traveled with our two young kids and my mother. The extended suite was a good size for us, and the breakfasts (included) had a huge selection, including waffles! The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the rooms (and rest of hotel) were very clean. We appreciated the under-hotel parking as well. The outdoor pool and spa were great, too. It was a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stayed her for a weekend for a little R and R. The hotel is basic and simple with no frills. You're close the the beach and you can walk to a bar, liquor stores and restaurant (but there is not tons of options)

Be careful when booking because online it acts if the rooms all have balcony's facing the freeway/beach or the parking lot/golf course, but that is not the case. They have lower end rooms that have no such balcony and designed poorly. Besides the flat screen TV that was mounted in an odd place where you have to looks left from the bed to watch, there is nothing modern about the rooms. Parking is limited and tight. They have free continental breakfast but stop serving early, so pay attention.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

We stayed at this Travelodge in Beautiful San Clemente California and it was the best time. The room was very spacious with a view of the Golf course, or you could get a room with an ocean view. excellent housekeeping and very very good rates. we checked every hotel in town and the rates here were the best. especially because it was such a clean and beautiful room. Next time I visit San Clemente I wont even bother looking anywhere else I am going straight to this Travelodge. Friendly good people.

Room Tip: Get a room with a golf course view B/C no freeway
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge San Clemente Beach? Share your experiences!