“BEST SALSA ON THE PLANET!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 166 Restaurants in San Clemente
Cuisines: American
“BEST SALSA ON THE PLANET!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My buddy turned me on to Rose's Sugar Shack years ago, when I first started surfing. They open early, so you can grab a hearty breakfast before paddling out in the morning. The staff treats you like family, and are always on top of the drink refills. I love everything on the menu, but I have to admit that I'm addicted to their homemade salsa! I just can't get enough of it, its SOOOOOOO GOOD! Indoor and outdoor seating is available, and in the summer, during peak hours, there might be a little bit of a wait because they're packed, but trust me ... good things come to those who wait! Just thinking of that yummy salsa makes we want to go there right now!

• Visited November 2011

Santa Barbara, California
“Great food and very friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Great place for a sit down breakfast. Good food, great prices, and service with a smile - what more can you ask for?

Visited February 2012
Lake Havasu C
“Bob & Carol had breakfast at the Sugar Shack”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Delicious breakfast, excellent and very friendly and helpful staff from the time we entered until we left

Visited November 2011
San Diego, California
“Great food, great folks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stopped on our way from San Diego just looking for a place to eat. It was about 1:30 in the afternoon but I was still able to get a great breakfast with corned beef hash and biscuits and gravy. Waitress was prompt with refills and information and the food delicious and plentiful. Hope to eat there again on my next drive up the coast.

• Visited November 2011
San Diego
“Business breakfast enjoyed by all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Met clients in San Clemente and even though I am from San Diego I picked the Sugar Shack. Always had great food, staff is awesome, but this was the first time I met clients there for a business meeting. In short turned out to be perfect. Food was great, relaxed atmosphere, good breakfast meeting. Can't beat it for breakfast I will be back.

• Visited September 2011