This is an old school style motel with a great design, but it does show some age. I went there with 3 other guys for a guys weekend at the beach and we had a blast. The balcony layout is really cool and we had our door open most of the time we were at the place hanging out on the balcony. The view from the higher floors is ok and you can see the ocean, but not really from the 2nd floor. The staff and owners are very nice and do what they can to make your stay a good one. The rooms were clean enough for me, but I'm sure if my wife was with me she would have found something to complain about. We did have to ask for extra towels and soap, but other than that no issues.
The parking is tight, but that is too be expected in a beach town.
There is a propane BBQ free for use that we used that was a nice feature.
The continental breakfast was pretty basic (oatmeal and fruit), but it was nice to have coffee there 24/7.
It's about a mile walk to the "downtown" bars and restaurants, something we did each evening. You could get a cab, but the walk was not bad.
The donut place across the street is a must.
The traffic noise from the freeway is an issue, but did not really bother us (not overwhelming). When you are in your room with the door closed, it is quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint local family owned Inn with ocean view, yet near Hwy 5, restaurants, shops. We offer a king or 2 queen bed clean, comfortable and spacious rooms with the following amenities:Continental Breakfast Daily Patio and ocean/sunset view Microwave and mini fridgeCoffee maker, iron, iron board, and hair dryerDining and office table and chairsAlarm clock radio with adaptor for Ipod, music deviceTV, DVD player and DVD moviesParking – some coveredLocal restaurants, surf board and bike rental, shopping and night life walking distanceEasy on and off Hwy 5 access, just minutes to San Onofre, Camp Pendleton, Dana Point Harbor, State Park, Beaches ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Little Inn by the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Little Inn By The Beach Hotel San Clemente
- Little Hotel San Clemente