“THE ABSOLUTE BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Boston, Massachusetts
“THE ABSOLUTE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been to Sonny's 4 times over the past 18mos on 2 separate trips out to the West Coast. Sonny's is the absolute best..!! Old world charm is the style of the eatery and their sauce is beyond anything I've ever had before in a restaurant. The owner comes in daily to make the sauce.......so good. And their pizza is wonderful. Service is prompt and friendly.....there are no negatives at all...!!!

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“Italian style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Sonny's has an Italian atmospheric restaurant. I ordered veal parmigiana with penne and salad. The salad was scrumptious, but the Italian sauce on the veal was too saucy/sugary. There is parking in the back and, if you come early, on the street in front.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas, Nevada
“I LOVE this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The first time I went to Sonny's I was only 18 years old. It's so delicious. It has a great patio. It even has it's own parking, although not much of it. I recommend heading to the street around back...and parking on the street. There's a foot path that leads right down into the parking lot. Always easier to get a parking spot back there. I like the pizza a lot. Their salads are yummy as well.

• Visited September 2013
San Clemente, California
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Sonny's is a San Clemente Italian favorite. I am guessing it's because we have no competition for a sit down Italian restaurant.

The sauces are riddled with sugar. I'd compare it to Ragu. I'm not the only local who feels this way. The pasta is good, without any sauce. But who wants sauce less pasta???

It's always busy and there's usually a 25 minute wait for a table during dinner hours. I cannot recommend this restaurant on its food merits alone. It simply is not above standard.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Clemente, California
“Get it to go and enjoy it at home...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The first time we ate at Sonny's we were ready to send our pizza back as we were not accustomed to Sonny's extra crisp thin crust. Yes there really is a Sonny. Now we prefer it to the doughy style sold elsewhere. Our favorites are the pizza (topped with pineapple, sausage and peperoni please), and the Ravioli D'Amour. Try their desserts. We like enjoy their tiramisu. Throw in a few meatball and we are good to-go. Then tend to be a little busy/optimistic with their to-go times so expect to wait a little.

• Visited October 2013