“Close to the beach, fun for families!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Clemente Inn (VRI)

You added San Clemente Inn (VRI) to your Saves list
San Clemente Inn (VRI)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Avenida Del Presidente, San Clemente, CA 92672   |
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in San Clemente
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Close to the beach, fun for families!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a week and went to the beach 5 out of 7 days because it was only 1/4 mile away. A half hour from Disneyland too! The rooms were cleaned daily and if we needed anything, a call to the front desk quickly resolved that. The layout of the room was a little weird, and I was a little disappointed that kids in diapers were not allowed in the pool, but besides that, it was a great stay

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
sandy, utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We came as a reunion group of 45, and all stayed in various units on the property; everyone seemed generally pleased with the accommodations. The Murphy beds and curtain divider with sleeper sofa was perfect for our family of 6 (in unit 132). Our room backed on the road, but it was still quiet. The pool and grassy areas were nice. My only complaints were no hooks/clotheslines to hang wet suits/towels (so everyone put them on the railings, which was officially forbidden), the pillows are super poofy so i had to sleep without or hurt my neck, and the beach access is along a busy road with no sidewalk.

Room Tip: My parents in 363 had a fabulous view of the palm trees and ocean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Southern Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am a native of this area, but moved away a few years ago. I like to go back and enjoy the beach a few times in the summer. I recently stayed at San Clemente Inn. I know this is a very old property, but thought it had been well maintained. I was wrong.

The first thing that greets you when you enter the lobby is the old, musty smell that some older hotels in the beach area have. The units aren't much better, although, the one I was in appeared to have been refurbished something in the past, it still had that smell and the noisey plumbing wakes you at night when neighbors run water. Most units sleep 4, but have only one mirror---in the bathroom. Really?

I had a problem with the staff not respecting my privacy. The maintenance man came by in the moring and wanted to come in---I let him do that. When he left I told him I did not want he coming in when I was not there, and that I would be checking out the next day. I put the "do not disturb" hanger on the outside of the door and left for a little while. While I was gone he entered. It was not an emergency of any sort. I had left some of my personal belongs and valuables out since there is not a safe, or anywhere to safely store them. The front desk had told me they would not enter if the "do not disturb" was out. That wasn't true

My message is: if you stay here do something to protect your property. I trusted what I was told by front desk staff, and I am sorry. I will not go back!

Being a native of the area I know there are much better hotels, and much better beaches just down the coast. Do yourself a favor and look for something else.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The exterior was appalling, the room was filthy, my bedspread was sticky and the sheets were not white. I could hear televisions above me and televisions beside me... people walking outside and cars going by.

If you're forced to stay here, I suggest bringing a small fan to provide white noise or wear ear-plugs during dinner. Being in the military for 8 years, I'm no stranger to dirt, but this place was disgusting. I'll attach a photo so you can see for yourself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Clearfield, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel has fully equipped kitchenettes and on site BBQs. The best place if you like to prepare your own meals. It has comfortable rooms and it's situated at walking distance of Calafia Beach, so you can avoid the parking fees at the shore. They offer free rental DVDs and other fun activities for the kids like mini golf, tennis, swimming pool, games...
Also half way of Disneyland and San Diego Sea World, Zoo...
I will come back in the future.
David

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have returned from staying at the San Clemente Inn and had a great time. We stayed in two one bedroom suites for 7 days. The rooms are a little basic but spotless and the staff, resort facilities and location more than make up for this. we travelled with two kids age 13 and 17 and they loved the pool, free games centre, gym, free dvd hire and tennis. We used the on site BBQs three times and this was a great change from eating huge American meals. We also used the laundry facilities to make sure we came home with no washing. the location is great 10 minutes walk to the beach and a five minute drive into the centre of San Clemente. The reception staff were extremely helpful at all times and nothing was a bother to them. The cleaning and maintenance staff were also very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast on the last morning and Adele's and it was one of the best we have all holidays. This was our first time in San Clemente and we loved it, we would definitely recommend this resort and location to anyone looking to chill at an California beach

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Dimas, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel was a terrible experience, it was just like camping but without a view of the beach and sand. The service was horrible, the beds were uncomfortable, the spa was nasty, the rooms are run down. Would never ever go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to San Clemente Inn (VRI)? Share your experiences!