“Good views” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Surfing, Walking
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular with swimmers and surfers, this state park features 3.5 miles of sandy beaches.
California
6 attraction reviews
“Good views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I know this is a surfing beach, however it was a nice spot to sit and have lunch. We would not go in the water as it is really close to the nuclear power plant.

Visited March 2014

Catawba Island
“Great beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great location for a day trip to the beach. Make sure you have cash or credit card for the parking machines. $2 an hour or you can pay a daily rate as well. The beaches are clean and you can always find a spot to relax.

Visited March 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Surfers dream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We was told you have to surf this beach to really experience the sport. Well we did and even though my surfing is some what up and down, it was brilliant.

Visited August 2013
Corona, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
“San Onofre bluff camping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We camped at site 113 which had no neighbors to the right of us and had an ocean view. The campground was nice and close to trail 4. There are two drawbacks to camping here: it can be crowded and the train comes through all night. Not the greatest night sleep. That said, you are there for the beach! We camped in late June and it actually was not crowded. We came in on Monday and left on Wednesday. We actually drove down to San Onofre state beach so we could have our beach toys and that was nice. The ocean floor is rocky so water shoes are great but the beach is nice and sandy. Great weather, nice campsite. Overall a good time.

Visited June 2013
Mankato, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
“Pretty Area, Strict Curfew”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is a very beautiful area, but it is a state beach so there is a $15 day-use fee. When I visitied I got the impression that this was largely a surfer beach. I pulled into one of the areas where you can drive down to the beach (there are other areas further south where you park and then walk down cliffs to the beach) and the parking area was filled with surfers and all of their equipment. If I were to return, I would stick to the southern areas of the park where you take trails to get to the beach.

Additionally, the park hours vary and when I was there the park closed at sunset. This upset me as I always love watching sunsets on the beach but had to leave because of the park's curfew. I would make sure to check the park hours before you visit to avoid the disappointment I experienced.

Visited December 2012