“Good local joint” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
San Clemente, California
“Good local joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Shore started out on fire, but cooled down over time. Tis' the fate of most establishments in San Clemente. Still, they have good food and generous cocktails. Service is usually good, and the pricing is in line for a downtown spot. Location is great on the Del Mar strip, and the service is attentive. Nothing spectacular on the menu, but they are consistent. I'd recommend it for a casual night out.

Visited July 2013

Glendale, California
“Unique cocktails in a casual but artistic setting.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We went to The Shore looking forward to Sunday brunch at noon, only to discover that breakfast is served only from 10-12. We readjusted our palates and settled for lunch. The sports bar is lined with several large screen tvs and is decorated with a lot of sea themed murals and a very nice aquarium. A happy surprise was the special cocktail menu. My husband ordered a Bloody Mary topped with bacon, olives and celery. He loved his breakfast in a glass! I ordered an original martini made of Kettle One, Blood Orange liqueur, and lime juice. It's beautiful and packs a powerful punch! For lunch we ordered salmon with fresh vegetables and wild rice, as well as scallops on a bed of angel hair pasta with a lobster sauce. My meal was so rich, I was able to take half of it home. Our waitress was pleasant and helpful, stressing the many bar specials. The restaurant had a lively atmosphere and a nice mix of patrons of all ages.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oceanside, California
“Better service at the front bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Came for some drinks for my friends birthday. At first we walked to the bar in the back. It was still early on a Saturday night, probably around 9pm or so. The DJ was just getting started. The bar area was full but no one was yet on the dance floor or on the couch sitting area. We sat down and waited for either someone to take our order or for the guy working the bar to stop talking to the people sitting there so we could go and place our orders. After that didn't happen for about 3 or 4 minutes we decided to go back out and sit at the main bar. The service here was much better and we all enjoyed the drinks we ordered. They have a bunch of fun mixed drinks. The Shore has a really nice mural along the walls and the restaurant itself looks pretty nice with dim lighting and an open airy feel. You can also sit outside on the front patio and people watch while drinking.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Anaheim, California
“Good service, good atmosphere, poor kitchen, odd layout.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at the shore. I doubt I'll go back. While our server was nice and did a good job for most of our meal, he was slow to check on us after we finally got our food. I ordered the lamb burger, as did a friend. Well, our fries were cold and our burgers were WAY overdone. We both ordered medium, we got very well done. Because it took forever to be seated (and we came around 830p) I was starving and ate everything before he came back. I was too hungry to wait, complain, have the food remade, wait longer, then eat. No thanks.

The atmosphere was nice. A live, 2-man band was playing music in the dining room. The cocktail bar in the back had a DJ. Because of the layout however, there are not many tables. That lead to the very long wait for a party of 5. There were only 3 places they could seat us so we just had to wait. Oh well.

In the end, I was pretty disappointed with my meal. Because I was so hungry and the waiter took too long to check on us, I never told him the meal want good. Sure, I could have complained and they would have done something, but I was too hungry and annoyed to wait. I just wanted to eat and leave. Plus, the restaurant was too hot and the owner wouldn't let us open the window we were sitting next to. She said she's hot too, but the people in the area complain and she'll lose her license. As she was saying all of this I was staring at the AC vent right above us... Easy fix. Turn the AC up!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great spot with excellent service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came here for a quick bite and a drink while touring San Clemente. Since arriving in San Clemente for summer vacation we have had some great food and this place was no exception. I had the little big mac's and my friend ordered the fish n' chips appetizers with a couple of beers. Nice patio area in front that gets plenty of sun and lets you people watch while you relax. The owner even came out to check on us which I thought was a nice touch. Great place, we will be back for sure!

• Visited June 2013