“Hidden Gem - Great Meeting Room” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 17 hotels in San Clemente
Orange County, CA
“Hidden Gem - Great Meeting Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I spent this past weekend with 12 other friends here on a special scrapbooking weekend. We all had a great time and loved the hotel. It's hidden in a shopping center, up a hill, and next to the freeway. All that doesn't sound that wonderful, but I didn't even hear the freeway noise, the hill made it a little secluded, and the shopping center (and the one across the street) had some good fast restaurants in that our ladies could grab food from. We loved the very large meeting room, which was right outside the hotel. It didn't feel like it was outside because there was a covered walkway. The pool was heated - a nice bonus - but it would have been nice to have a spa available. The rooms were all large and recently updated. The lobby had a Spanish-style look and was nice. The staff was always very friendly, meeting our requests for different things, and always had a smile. Some of the ladies had refrigerators that were really loud, but one had theirs changed out without a problem. Mine was fine. And there was a loud wedding party staying at the hotel. One of the ladies had her room changed to a more quiet part of the hotel, also not a problem. The breakfast was really tasty - cinnamon rolls were my favorite - but the hot breakfast was a bonus. We all just had a really nice experience here, and would definitely come back!!

Room Tip: The hotel staff fills the 2nd and 3rd floors first, so if you want a super-quiet room, request the f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Charles T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. My team enjoyed having your scrapbooking group at the hotel. We look forward to hosting your group again next time you come to the South Orange County Area. Thank you.

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I live in the mid west and went to visit my son while he was in Marine Combat Training. I stayed here and it was great! Clean rooms, amazingly helpful staff, great breakfast/coffee! And only 3 short exits from Camp Pendleton. I highly reccommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I first want to thank your son for his service to the country. We always enjoy hosting Soldiers and thier families. We wish your son safe travels while in the Marines and we hope you do stay with us anytime you visit the area. Thank you for your kind words.
San Juan Capistrano, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The weekend (October 12-14) could not have been better. Neel, Hiren, Guza, and Eddie were helpful and cooperative beyond words; "our slightest wish was their command!" The accommodations were superb--extremely clean and comfortable--and their ballroom/meeting rooms were exactly what we needed. I give this hotel an A++ in the way they welcomed us and accommodated our annual Fall Gathering

Room Tip: Because I love locally, I myself didn't stay at the hotel. Our delegates who did, however had n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel numerous times in the past year. The staff is always professional and friendly. Rooms are neat and clean. I am greeted by name which is a nice touch and I don't feel like a number. The breakfast is good with a wide variety of selections and the attendant never fails to ask if I need anything. Too bad there isn't a 6 star rating or I would give it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charles T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Yes we are very exctited to be the #1 rated hotel in San Clemente on Tripadvisor. We work very hard to give our guests the best service possible. A special thank you to guests like you who appreciated our service and are willing to write your great reviews on Tripadvisor! Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Best holiday inn I have ever stayed at. Came down for work and it was my first time in san clemente. Neel guided me with list of good resturants and directions to different parts of the city. His customer service is by far the best one I have ever come accross. I gave him my card if he ever needs an opportunity to grow . I am planning a vacation and will be coming back in dec. Neel thank you for everything.

• Stayed October 2012
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Have stayed here a few times as my son is stationed at Camp Pendleton. Guzy, Neel, Sara & Hoeon go out of thier way to make it a pleasurable trip each time. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Centrally located to all areas. Clean rooms and ample parking. Breakfast in the morning, internet and the staff will help with any questions.

I needed information on another location for Nov. Neel went beyond and got me a great rate and reservations. Even called and sent me the icomfirmation information.

Plan on booking here again when I am in the area. Thanks Neel, Guzy, Hoeon, & Sara

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charles T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about our Team. We strive to deliver the best Customer Service and it is nice to know that our hard work is paying off. Your comments will be shared with the team so they know they are doing a great job and it is being noticed. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Love the location and hotel is in sweet spot for San Clemente! The staff is polite, smiles and very helpful. Guzy at the front desk make a point on asking about room and service. We are booking here again in December. Great for kids also. Alan from Mill Valley

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North? Share your experiences!