“Best choice” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2222 S El Camino Real, San Clemente, CA 92672   |
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in San Clemente
“Best choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Good location (7/11 market, laudry, shops, bakery,... very close) , clean rooms, very good price and excellent courtesy. High reccomended!!!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I took our young adult son with us to visit our marine at Camp Pendleton. He had overnight liberty that night and had to stay with a buddy so we had 5 of us. We got 2 rooms with 2 queen beds each at the Hotel Miramar for $160 including tax. I believe that was $75 / room before tax. That is a good price for 2 queen beds. I was impressed at how clean and comfortable the room was. I enjoyed the coffee, the internet, the fancy soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion and the shower. My only complaint was that the bed had only a sheet and a comforter. I prefer a light blanket, but that is my own quirk. If I could have turned off the heater, I would have been fine, but hubby was cold, so that's the way it goes. By the way, I really liked the heater, it managed to control the temperature without shutting the fan on and off, which always keeps me awake in motels. This one just made a soft click when the heat went on and off which wouldn't bother anyone other than the lightest sleeper (yours truly). Actually, it probably wouldn't have bothered even me, if I hadn't been sleeping fitfully anyway, because of other personal issues. Anyway, we were very happy with this hotel and would stay here again. We arrived late (11pm) and got the owner out of bed but he was very nice and accommodating. We appreciated the non-smoking rooms and the free internet as well as the useful desk. I felt that we really got our money's worth.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GM_Hotel_Miramar, Owner at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear HermanaLinda,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. As the owner it means a great deal to us to know that our guests are satisfied when they stay with us.

Thanks for bringing to our attention the need for a soft blanket in our rooms, as this is something we will be adding later this year as we renovate our rooms once again.

We hope you come stay with us again and we enjoyed having you.

Management
Dublin, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

we stayed 8 nights at this hotel, rooms are clean the hotel seemed renovated, bed are not as good as advertised but OK.overall rates/quality was better then their competitors, we asked to have the room cleaned and maintained everyday but they merely fix the sheet and not even changed them,on our 5 day of stay we smelled a bad odor and never could figure out why? not from us or our kids, not from the bathroom either, but an awful smell like a rotten dead animal, owners seem a bit possessive about their owned hotel which makes a paying guest not at home, parking is a problem if you need to park in the property parameter, we parked on the street and didn't have any break ins, we mostly ate in Dana Point, breakfast are a must at Stakes pancake house ( a sure thing), overall we enjoyed our stay and we are kind of easy people to cater to, oh one last thing your room is right next the busy room so if you're light sleeper that could be a problem, even a passing train wouldn't wake me up!
Cheers,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GM_Hotel_Miramar, Owner at Hotel Miramar, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Koz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Every review regardless of whether it is good or bad helps us determine the strengths and weaknesses of our hotel.

It is our policy to have the rooms cleaned daily and have the sheets replaced every other day or when the guest requests it. I will check with our Housekeeping staff to ensure that they follow the proper protocol as to ensure your complete satisfaction. Please accept my apology regarding this matter.

We also take great pride in ownership and guest satisfaction of our hotel as we have been the owners for over 26 years. I certainly hope this one mediocre experience will not deter you from coming back.

Management
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

The room was extremely spacious, the bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable, the price was incredible for the location, the water pressure was great and the customer service was impeccible! I had a wonderful visit and the accomodations superceded my expectations; thank you Hotel Miramar!!!

Matthew Theodore

• Stayed February 2012
LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for a romantic weekend. Friends recommended hotel Miramar and we were not disappointed. The room was very spacious and clean. Huge comfortable bed, large screen TV up high on the wall, which made watching movies in bed very comfortable.The fridge and microwave were very useful. Located close to shops and restaurants and walking distance to the gorgeous beaches. A short drive to both Dana Point and Laguna Beach. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My boyfriend and I highly recommend staying here. It is the best budget hotel to stay at and close to everything. We will definitely be planning another stay at Hotel Miramar, although next time we will stay longer than just the weekend!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was traveling to San Diego from Santa Cruz when the traffice and long drive got the best of me. I took the South El Camino Real exit off the 5, turned left, and looked for the first well-kept hotel. It only took me to a couple of blocks to find this gem.

The room was spacious, clean, and well-furnished. The wi-fi was fast, the flat screen had Direct-TV, and the bed was as comfortable as my own.

The staff was extraordinarily helpful and friendly and the location allowed me to walk to one of several nearby restaurants for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

A friend and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Miramar in San Clemente for a weekend trip to California to visit a friend. We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay there! The hotel itself sits on the main road as you drive through the city of San Clemente so there are several stores, shops, restaurants, etc. within walking distance. The gorgeous beaches of Dana Point and several other Pacific Ocean beaches are also just minutes away. This was definitely an added bonus. The best part of the hotel, by far, however is the rooms. We were quite surprised at how spacious and clean the rooms were. The internet connection was amazing - we had full speed service throughout our stay. There is a large flat screen television in the rooms with a variety of Direct TV channel options. The bathrooms were immaculate, and the sink actually sits outside of the restroom which allows for more counter space. All in all, the rooms were excellent and we recieved some of the best hotel sleep of our lives while here. Also, the view from the second level of the hotel was absolutely gorgeous! You could see for miles into the hilltops/mountains that line the coast. To top the whole experience off, the hotel management was nothing but extremely cordial and welcoming throughout our entire stay. Very, very friendly people who offered wonderful service!! My friend and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone passing through San Clemente.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Miramar? Share your experiences!