“AVOID MONICA - especially if you have a coupon” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 5 shopping in San Clemente
Long Beach, CA
“AVOID MONICA - especially if you have a coupon”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

My wife went to Monica a while ago (6-9 months ago maybe) because she had received a discount advertisement in the mail for New Clients only. My wife was excited to try someone new that is close enough to our house that she can walk to...until Monica pulled the classic Bait & Switch on her. She told my wife that since her hair was longer, she had to charge her more. WHAT?!?!?! Who does that AFTER the fact??? My wife was upset and was taken advantage of (her hair was not even that long)...If she was going to charge more, she should have told my wife BEFORE she started. Here we are many months later and we still receive the same ad in the mail.

If Monica was any good and didn't rip people off like this, she would have a regular client base and wouldn't need to advertise new client discounts. Salon Zinnia should be ashamed of having her in their salon and fire Monica.

Monica claims 16 years experience on the ad....hmmmm, she must not have many regulars...I wonder why.

BEWARE.

Visited January 2011

Phoenix,AZ
“Wow! Caitlin Stilwell was AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

I was viisiting San Clemente for my cousins wedding and got a beautiful updo from Caitlin. She was very patient and knew exactly what to do with my hair for the the big event. My hair looked flawless all night and I recieved so many compliments. I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks Caitlin-Ashley (from AZ)

huntington beach
“Excellent salon and boutique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008

I have discovered a treasure in San Clemente. It is this salon and boutique. They have a full service salon and a great gift boutique. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. Wonderful owners. Please do yourself a favor and stop in soon.

San Clemente
“Best in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

This is the best salon in the area. I should know, I've been to almost all of them since moving to San Clemente 9 years ago. The wonderful thing is that this is a one stop shop. You can get your hair done, nails done, waxing, spa treatments and you can purchase really cute clothes and accessories--all in one great place. All the gals here are great at what they do and the prices are very reasonable. Jenni does my nails. She is seriously the BEST nail person I have ever gone to in the 20 years I've been getting my nails done. My manicures last forever! Everyone here is good. Shelly does my hair and she is wonderful. This salon was recently purchased by 2 great gals who have turned it into a wonderful, wonderful place. I'm there once a week for my nails, and it's always changing and always improving. And I always watch people walk out with the best haircuts! I am writing this review because it's so rare that business owners care about their customers as much as these gals do. How refreshing! It's my pleasure to support a great local business. You will be impressed with the services and the value you get!