“Stayed on business but can't wait to go back with my family!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in San Carlos
“Stayed on business but can't wait to go back with my family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed during 2 separate weeks, different rooms, one King, one double Queen. The location is very convenient, with shops, restaurants, CVS, Barnes and Noble and just about everything you might need nearby. It is right next to a Taco Bell and across from a McDonald's and Baja Fresh. The drive to San Francisco was never more than 20 minutes, even with heavy traffic. This, btw, is the first time I ever write a review and that's only because this place truly deserves it! Country Inn and Suites, San Carlos, has by far, one of the friendliest, most accommodating staffs I have ever dealt with. They gave me wonderful rates, helped me with my special requests and were always ready to help with whatever was needed. The hotel itself is beautiful. Not necessarily fancy, but definitely quaint, clean, and has a home-like feel to it! It has a small fitness room and laundry room. Free Hi Speed Internet and parking is a plus! The complimentary breakfast is really yummy, too, with several different options(eggs, fruit, waffles, bagels, English muffins, etc!) To add to the "home-like" feeling, there's always fresh coffee and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby. As if it wasn't enough, Country Inn and Suites has a "book lending" program, in which you can actually borrow one of tons of books they have available and take it with you to return at any other location in the country! No complaints whatsoever! On my last night it rained, and I was told they had umbrellas for their guests, if needed! I plan on staying there any time I'm in San Carlos or San Francisco for that matter, as it is worth the 20 minute drive! The manager, Parry, and Claritsa deserve special mention, they are what every guest expects from the wonderful staff at a top notch hotel! :)

Room Tip: Upper level rooms get less sunlight in morning
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newbury Park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Some things are just deal breakers, you know? We got our first king suite, found feces-like stains on toilet lid and on the top of the toilet. Called and got room changed. New room has textured stained on curtains, curtains rods, and in bathroom. The pool is tiny, I mean, I've not seen such a tiny outdoor pool. The hotel rooms both have torn carpet. The hotel is sad. I hope they rev up their housekeeper and maintenance services, but I think perhaps I'll see if I can end my stay and search for another hotel.

• Stayed June 2011
GMsancarlosci, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - San Carlos, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Guest

I appologise for the inconvienince caused. However we are having our tiles changed in all the rooms. What you thought was feces was actualy tile grout stains on the wall which will be redone with wall paper. Believe me, as we will never ever rent a room with feces no matter what. Our rooms are cleaned daily and checked by the head housekeeper after completion and before renting it for the day.
Again I appologise for the inconvienice and you were not charged for the night since you were not satisfied with the room however it was tile grout stain and not the feces you thought it was.

maui
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

My company booked all of here. The carpet in the room left my feet black, the linens were less than marvelous. The price paid was unreal for a "motel" considering i have stayed at the HIE at a better price. The workout room is a joke, large enough for one person.
Positives:
close to cal tran station
A beer cap opener right on the sink wow
microwave and refrig in room

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
's-Gravenzande
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights and paid $89 for Friday and Sat. day and $149 for Sunday night. Excuse was that Oracle had a big confention and the hotels were all booked and the price higher. The receptionist gave us a 10% AAA discount later so that saved us at least some money for the 2 rooms we had. Room was OK and the train didn't bother us at all.

• Stayed September 2010
Dear Sir / madam

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Generally this areas rate is higher on Sunday through Thursday due to so many companies and basically a corporate based area. That's why the rates are higher on Sunday and cheaper on Friday and Saturday. Again I assure you that we have the best rate in town.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

The title says it all. I have stayed at at large marriotts and hiltons but none of them compare to this gem by the bay. it was super easy for me to go to San Francisco and San Jose because of how convenient the location is. The rooms are very clean and the staff is very well trained. I also could not believe how many great options for food they gave at breakfast. Lunch and dinner and the occasional midnight snack were also very easy to get because there is a taco bell next and a Baja Fresh and McDonalds across the street. The train and street noise were not noticeable because the rooms of those sides have double-layered walls and windows. The area around the hotel was very nice looking, clean, and safe. I just can't say enough about how well trained the staff is and how polite they are.

• Stayed September 2010
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Yes, we had a room facing the train tracks. Yes, it runs from about 5am to 11pm. But it didn't bother us. Perhaps for the very light sleeper, it's not the best hotel location. But for the average sleeper, this hotel is great - the beds are quite comfortable, too. Very nice breakfast, rooms and common areas clean and inviting, and a great value for the location. We were very pleased with our four-day weekend stay.

• Stayed May 2010
san carlos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

The service for this hotel was great and very clean rooms. The Atrium sitting was ever more relaxing, it felt like i was at a big Embassy Hotel. Keep up the great work and loved the breakfast.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - San Carlos? Share your experiences!