“Well run” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel San Carlos - San Carlos to your Saves list
Hotel San Carlos - San Carlos
Hotel San Carlos - San Carlos
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   26 El Camino Real, San Carlos, CA 94070 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in San Carlos
San Rafael, California
“Well run”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Nice and clean, convenient location, courteous and attentive staff, and a great value. No complaint at all. Just nice and smooth. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bainbridge Island, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I chose this place as one of the easiest to reach places from the Kaiser Permanente hospital in Redwood City where my sister was having surgery.

The places closer in didn't seem as "safe" and user friendly.

Room was obviously clean and had been renovated in the recent past but had some minor wear.

Minor wear including: chip in bath floor tile, significant wear/staining at drain in plastic sink, swelling and warping of bath door.

Bed was surprisingly high, firm with some soft topping. Slept well.

this is the sort of motel/hotel that you drive up and park right in front, so I turned the heating unit up high on fan only and used earplugs and didn't hear a thing.

They have a pool in the parking lot and also a continental breakfast with a surprising number of choices-not just rolls and coffee.

I can't imagine staying here for a week of vacation, but if you just need a clean convenient place to sleep, it's worth the $80.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

it's kind of a motel but a very pleasant one. nice quite location, close to some restaurants, free breakfast and free internet. Rooms were clean and comfortably layed out. will definitely stay there again! Quite easy to get to San Francisco too!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Duluth, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We were very pleased with the Hotel San Carlos. The room, while on the small side, was comfortably furnished and had everything we needed. There is a wonderful pool.. Most impressive was the service from Front Desk the Housekeeping Staff when I realized I had left my Blackberry and charger in the room. I called from the airport in a panic and spoke to Andy( Front Desk) who ensured--that same day--that the phone was sent back to me. It was a great relief to have such professional service when I really was in a panic.Very nice neighborhood,lots of options for restaurant near Hotel San Carlos in San Carlos Downtown.The plus was ALL ROOMS ARE NON-SMOKING. I will stay at the Hotel San Carlos again and would highly recommend it. It is a nice hotel that manages to have a high level of personal service. Bravo!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Me and my girlfriend came here on a road trip through Western USA and we have seen already a lot of Motels. This one had for the acceptable price of $80 Dollars really a very high quality - and especially what we were looking for a very high cleaning standard. For trips to San Francisco (with car) this served us really good. This is actually the first time we write a review - since we tought that they deserve it and they deserve a lot more customers. The parking was free (not like in most of the airport hotels) and the staff really nice. The continental breakfast was ok. We had some toasts and espically coffee. Its a safe area but we sadly didnt have time to enjoy the flat-tv with dish network.

Anytime again !!!

oh and the cleanlyness....even outside the patio the hallways....everything very clean

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

the hotel was ok.. we checked in late, around midnight.. though we called ahead of time that we will be late.. when we arrived, we had to wake up the hotel staff so we can check in, he was pleasant though and accomodating.. it was just awkward that we had to wake him up just to check in.. the room was clean and functional.. beds were ok..they had a microwave oven (thats a must for us since we travelled with a baby).. ok location just a short 5mindrive to san francisco..

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

Lured in by the price and pictures, I booked and stayed at this hotel (motel would be a more accurate description) with my wife and two small kids. In short - services not as advertised! The “continental breakfast” was a joke, served at the main office with 2 small guest tables and 4 chairs (for a hotel with 29 rooms?) The breakfast had poor variety and often consisted of leftovers for days. Oh, and God forbid you were a second late; you would have to argue with the hotel staff to get you stale muffin and a couple overripe bananas. I still feel sorry for that Italian tourist for the humiliating experience he went through, even though he was there on time, but the staff had already cleared the breakfast items.

The room was small and not the cleanest. The a/c was about a foot away from one of the beds, blowing cold air on to you while you’re asleep. Sound insulation between rooms was notably poor. The hotel building seemed to have traces of structural damage throughout, perhaps a result of gradual erosion. If you happen to stay at the “hotel”, pay your attention to the tilted stairways and walkways, and the holes/cracks in the walls.

The hotel management and staff were extremely rude. Well, “rude” would be an understatement, and integrity is certainly not a word that I’d easily ascribe to the hotel management. I had a misfortune of booking this hotel through one of the Internet-based travel reservation websites. The hotel management assured me before I checked in, that, if I provide a 24-hour notice, they would let me check out early and that I would get a refund through the travel website. However, when the moment of truth came, and I went to inquire about the early checkout, I was told by the same people that they would not allow the early checkout and there would be no refund. I cannot stand it when people lie outright. I tried to argue, but the hotel management was awfully rude to me and forced me to leave the hotel (their private property).

My advice, save your money and dignity, and stay away from this “hotel”!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hotel San Carlos - San Carlos? Share your experiences!