“Good Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in San Carlos
Orlando, Florida
“Good Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

San Carlos Inn is nice place to stay in the San Francisco bay area. I am happy with my stay at this hotel. Nice, very clean and quiet. I checked in 2 am with no issue clerk was very nice and helpful. Very safe neighborhood its very easy to get train for San Francisco. There are numerous great restaurant in San Carlos Downtown near by. The front Desk was friendly and courteous--we asked for extra pillow and towel and they provided with no problem. Bed was comfortable and the TV had lots of channels. I don't understand why people are so picky- this isn't some fancy five-star place. This is the kind of place I like to stay at.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
South San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Worcester, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

When arrived to check in on a pre-paid reservation found that the our room has been given to someone else. Management then asked us to come back 3 hours later so they can relocate the tenants into another room and get it back to us. Once we were able to get into the room found that it was "superficially clean" and the smell was not the greatest. The showers are not easy to operate so you end up getting a hot water bath. There was a frozen dinner in the fridge that appears to have been there for ages.

Early in the morning got a phone call asking us to be out of the room by 10:30am (even though we had a 2 day rental) so the Maids can get in and clean the room. Needless to say, we checked out that same morning and went someplace else. There are no cash refunds or credits to another stay (not that anyone would care to stay). Will never stay here again.

• Liked — Geographical location.
  • Disliked — everything.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2007

I'm giving this motel an 'above average' rating because it's so cheap in an area where far higher prices are the norm. I paid just $63.06 per night including taxes via Travelocity (But I'm not entirely convinced by the reviews of the hotel on Travelocity)

San Carlos Inn is a really basic motel and the decor was on the dull side, and though a bit worn the room was clean.

My fairly small room had two queen beds crammed into it, and a TV, microwave and refrigerator. No coffee machine - usually the room facility I use most (after the bed). No hotel wi-fi but its within range of free public internet that worked OK. No breakfast - but on San Carlos Avenue a few blocks away there's Vic's Family Restaurant.

The motel backs onto El Camino Real, but I didn't hear any road noise. And thohgh I did hear the rumble of passing trains, they didn't interupt my sleep, and I'm quite a light sleeper.

In summary, an adequate and cheap hotel if all you need is a night's sleep. You get what you pay for.

• Liked — The price - my recommendation is for travelers on a tight budget
  • Disliked — The cheerless decor
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to San Carlos Inn? Share your experiences!