“Great location and good value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in San Carlos
Boyne City, Michigan
“Great location and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Everything was great and better than expected. Good location between SFO airport and Silicon Valley. The hotel is near a small airport and there was some noise of airplanes taking off during the day but that wasn't much of an issue.

The room was very clean and smelled great. Everything looked like it was new and was very comfortable. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

As in many hotels with complimentary breakfast, the breakfast area was much too small to accomodate any number of guests. There were only 6 small tables and you either had to eat breakfast in the lobby or in your room. Quality of breakfast was good though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lodi, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had joined the Marriott Rewards earlier this year and earned a free night. I had to drop off my son at SFO at 5am so I decided to use the free night at this location.

I was a bit hesitant due to the location right off Hwy 101, but we could not have been more pleased with our stay.

First, the facility was in great condition, inside and out. Very well kept, clean, etc. The place looked brand new.

Our room had two queen beds and were very comfortable. My only minor room complaint is that the beds were very high off the ground. I'm partially disabled with back, leg & feet issues and it was difficult to get in & out of bed.

The bathroom was fine with toilet & shower in a private space, and the sink area in the open room. Very clean, spotless. I was very impressed.

Staff was very friendly & helpful finding a local spot for dinner.

Since it is fairly close to SFO (10 miles tops) I wish they would have offered a small offering for breakfast before 6:30am. We left just before 5am and only coffee was available, but no lids for the cups. There were no lids in the room either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a clean and well maintained "travelers" hotel by Marriot. It's convenienly located just off Highway 101 but also adjacent to the San Carlos airport. The airport noise is only a factor during the day as it seems to shut down at night. The rooms are clean and the service quick & friendly. However the morning breakfast could be improved. The breakfast is only one step above a continental but the room is too small and crowded if the hotel is even near full occupancy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Katy, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Business travel stayed 3 nights in this month. Rooms modern and fresh but bathrooms need updating. Old tubs and toilets need to be replaced. Lobby and breakfast area could use a bit more space and a few more chairs in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here for 6 days on business and overall this is a nice place. On the quality scale, I put it above a typical Holiday Inn but below a Hilton Garden. The room was long and narrow with 2 queen beds. Everything was very clean and up to date. You enter the room directly into the bathroom area, and the shower is off to the side. The shower area is a little cramped though. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the room as well. My room faced the 101 freeway and the traffic was a bit noisy. I suspect the other side of the facility is quieter, as it faced a small airport runway that did not seem heavily used. The breakfast offered was free but extremely limited in selection and seating. There is a burger king and steakhouse within walking distance. A short drive gets you to a shopping center and there is an in and out burger place across the freeway. Overall a nice facility and one I would utilize again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the freeway.
Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has all if the basics a traveler needs and does it very well . Rooms are nice ,clean and has all if the basics . A. Big plus is a mini refrigerator which I always look for to keep my water and soda cold .

The service is very good . The breakfast is simple , good and free .

And this is a great location .very central and prior to the major traffic problems at nite .

I switched from much higher class hotels in the area (of the same chain) to here and I will be coming back and saving money at the same time.

• Stayed October 2012
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel; but, I will try (I'm rarely short on words). From the moment I walked in the door, it was a great stay. I was greeted by 2 very nice people - they were so friendly and helpful. I stayed here 6 nights, and each hotel employee I encountered was nicer than the next. I like that.

My room was big and spacious with 2 queens, a desk, frig and microwave, and lots of natural light. The vanity/sink is long and outside of the toilet/shower area (I like that too). This hotel is right next to a small municipal airport, which was a non-issue. My window faced that airport and I never heard anything from it. Every now and again while I was in the back parking lot, I heard a small plane take off, but even that was rare. If being by an airport is keeping you from staying here, don't let it. It was no problem at all.

There's a really nice gyn on the second floor. Oh, I'm not saying I used it - I only know it was there because I passed it every day on the way to my room. There's also a coin-laundry room on the first floor with 1 washer and 1 dryer. Both worked well.

The location was excellent for me. I was visiting family in Woodside, and I was still close enough to San Fran to jump on the freeway and go north a little ways and be there. You get the close proximity without the huge pricetag in San Fran. But, this place is expensive - make no mistake - but I found it to be the cheapest in the area with good reviews. This area of California is ridiculously expensive, so the price I found here was lower than everywhere else I looked.

My room was clean and fresh, with wonderfully comfortable bed and pillows. It was overstuffed, firm and cozy. Plenty of clean towels and the bathroom was spotlessly clean.

The breakfast in the morning was great. It's simple continental stuff - with hard boiled eggs and some egg sandwiches you can nuke - lots of bread, muffins, waffles, cereals, etc. That kind of breakfast is perfect for me. The area was always well-stocked and clean. There was a gentleman some mornings, and a lady others. Both, where just so nice!

There's free parking and EXCELLENT wi-fi. I am writing this from a different city in a hotel that has horrible wi-fi. So, I appreciate the good wi-fi.

I-101 is right in front of the hotel, and all the other major roads are nearby. There's a Burger King a few steps from the hotel, but nothing else. You need a car if you stay here - there isn't anything within walking distance. A couple exits up north or south and you'll find lots of stores like Target, grocery stores, etc.

I enjoyed my stay here very much. It is definitely one of the better Fairfield Inns I have stayed in. Again, the staff made the stay so pleasant. When in this area, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Can you tell I liked the hotel?!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco-San Carlos? Share your experiences!