“Excellent value budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in San Carlos
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent value budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The extended stay America hotel, situated on Circle star way, San Carlos, deserves a 3 to 4 star rating. We read the reviews and thought we would take a chance as we were looking for a budget stay. We had returned from a cruise, Southampton England to LA, and wanted a hotel room with catering facilities, and to be near our son in San Carlos. This Hotel ticked all the boxes, the room bathroom and kitchen was spotless. Clean towels everyday if you needed them, maid service once a week which suited us, as no interuptions, on a daily basis. If you needed clean sheets, tissues, toilet rolls or anything else they were plentiful. The Hotel was busy but quiet, yes, it is close to the road but the room we had was less noisy than some of the 5/6 star hotel locations we have used on our travels. The corridors are wide and the doors are not prone to slamming like many we have stayed in. The staff are very polite and helpful, anything we needed did not phase them. The bed was bigger than we have seen on our travels and very comfortable, you can get extra pillows and blankets with no problems. It is well situated between San Carlos and redwood city, we did not have a car but found everything we needed within walking distance. Sam trams have recently started a service which stops outside the hotel and goes to San Carlos station and close to redwood city shops. We will certainly use this hotel again when we return thank you

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've never stayed at an Extended Stay America property before. It was better than I thought, but would need to be better for me to stay again with the chain. The location was great, close to the 101 and easy to access locations close to Palo Alto and Menlo Park. The positives - the ladies at the front desk were pleasant and allowed me to check-in a little early and the bathroom was very clean. Parking was ample. Property on the outside was clean. The not so positives - the room had ants crawling on the counters, stains on the carpet, very worn bed sheets. In the 3rd floor corridors, they have scented plug-ins that are over powering. There was a sign in the elevator lobby indicating the floor was a smoking floor but my room had a no smoking sign on the door.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay San Carlos. I am glad that you gave us a try, however I’m disappointed that you would hesitate to stay with us again. I assure you that we take very pro-active measure to ensure we do not have any type of pests in our hotel. We maintain a strict pest control service within all of our hotels. My sincerest apologies for the ants in your room, this has been taken care of immediately. I also want to thank you for letting us know about the carpet cleanliness, we have also made sure this room has been freshly shampooed and cleaned. I would love to have you back as a guest in one of our hotels to show you how great a stay can be. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at the front desk at any time. Our hotel number is 650-368-2600. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Carlos.
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Staff was accommodating when I made a mistake with my reservation and got me a 'no smoking' room. Easy to walk to a shopping area and close to some key roads in the Palo Alto, Stanford, San Jose area. Good value and nice rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I would like to take a moment to thank you for your great review of our Extended Stay Hotel in San Carlos, CA. We are a very centrally located hotel on the Peninsula. Close too many restaurants and shopping. We pride ourselves in ensuring a clean, comfortable room stays after stay. We hope that you will continue to stay with Extended Stay Hotels as you travel. We appreciate your business and your great review. With our thanks, The Management at Extended Stay San Carlos.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week in January and had a great stay. The hotel is modern and my room was clean and had helpful amenities like a kitchen and a nice flat screen TV - excellent hotel for the price. Clarissa at the front desk was amazing, always smiling and helped my family out on several occasions with enthusiasm and a bright smile. Would stay here again if I am back in the San Carlos area!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Rooms were clean and the staff was very accomadating. The hotel has a supermarket very close . There are plenty of places to eat all within minutes of the hotel. There is easy access to the freeway in either direction. There is a self service laundry facility on the premises.Great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2014
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stay at this area weekly for business and this is by far the worst experience I've had. All hotels in this area are overpriced, but at least I don't have to worry about basic accommodations.
- My bed had someone's hair in the pillows, bed sheets, covers, and it was disgusting to say the least.
- Bathroom had no basic necessities like shampoo.
- Room service is only offered if you stay for more than a week so don't expect clean sheets or fresh towels if you are there for just a few nights.
- If you want internet service be prepared to pay for an upgrade, because free internet is just like DSL back in the 90's.
- Hallways and elevator smells like marijuana and I highly doubt it is their new deodorant.
- Breakfast is granola bars and muffins, that's it so don't be fooled by "complementary breakfast".
Should I go on?

Room Tip: The best tip I can give is to try and book your stay somewhere else if you can. This hotel/motel is...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is my second stay here, due to arrangements made by my company. The WiFi is unusably slow, and every time I go near the front desk someone is complaining about it. However, when you sign in to WiFi, you are given a $5 option to "upgrade" your WiFi. But, you can't charge it to your room; you have to give a credit card number to the 3rd party provider that also needs your email address, for some nefarious reason. Also, the TV channels seem to have been culled from the "worst of america" cable package and lack such basics as Comedy Central and BBC America. Otherwise the rooms are reasonably clean, well furnished (except for uncomfortable couch) and the price is reasonable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from Rt 101
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos? Share your experiences!