“Great place to relax on business in San Jose/SF” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in San Carlos
Syracuse, New York, USA
“Great place to relax on business in San Jose/SF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just finished a weekend stay at ESA for a Monday meeting in San Jose. Hotel is located right off the 101 freeway and near SFO Intl Airport, halfway between San Francisco and San Jose. Was able to hop up to SF for fun on the weekend and then back to SJ on Monday for business. Room was spacious, bed was comfortable, kitchen with large refrigerator and stovetop was a nice surprise. I never heard traffic while I stayed there and found a dozen great places to eat within a mile or two. Front desk was always eager and able to help if I needed toothpaste or other odds-and-ends. Easily made my trip a smooth one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We want to express our gratitude for your recent glowing review of the Extended Stay San Carlos. I am so glad you found us to be just what you needed while in the area. We pride ourselves on always providing exceptional service and clean, fresh, comfortable rooms all at a value that can’t be beat. This property is situated as you said right between San Francisco and San Jose conveniently off the 101 freeway. Great for travelers visiting both cities just as yourself. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the San Francisco Bay area. With many thanks and hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America San Carlos.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Citrus Heights, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Short business trip to San Mateo County. The hotel was above average for the price. Very clean and quiet - no, road noise but the refrigerator in my room was noisy. Somehow I managed to sleep through it anyway. Near to where I was working and not far from several decent restaurants, if you're driving. There isn't much in short walking distance. Staff was courteous. Checkout was a little slow. Automated checkout would have been nice. Also, the grab and go breakfast is disappointing. Next time I will stop at the local market and pick up some milk and cereal. The room is as advertised with a fully equipped kitchen. It was more like an efficiency apartment than a hotel room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
"Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your overall stay. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

With Hospitality,
The Management at Extended Stay America San Carlos
Riverside, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Have you ever stayed in a hotel that doesn't have tissues in the bathroom? This one doesn't. They don't change your linens and you have to get your own towels. There is no workspace in the room. The room itself would make a monk happy. One chair and a couple of bar stools. Very cold and unwelcoming. The free breakfast consists of hot water, instant oatmeal, and coffee all served in a very small room with two chairs and no tables. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I have ever been in. I didn't say "slept in" because it was so very difficult to sleep in it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction & comfort during their stay, I was disheartened to read that your time with us wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concerns, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. We are however happy to provide fresh linens and towels upon request each day of your stay should you desire. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page or contacting us directly at the hotel. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of other brand locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Enjoyed my stay at this location. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Room was clean. Very impressed... first impression the hotel looks great! Same goes for the inside of the hotel, clean and smells fresh. Location is a bit of a negative with not too much within walking distance.

Room Tip: Request a room on 1st or 2nd if allergic to smoke. Hotel offers smoking rooms on 3rd.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide each of our guests with a clean, friendly and comfortable experience when they stay with us, resulting in 100% guest satisfaction. It seems that we were able to achieve this with you.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.
phoenix oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel has been remodeled.It is very clean and QUIET. If you are looking for a place to stay with easy access to 101, near Kaiser Hospital with a kitchen with a full size refridgerator this is the place. 5 minute drive to Kaiser, 35 to San Francisco or over the hill to Half Moon Bay. Totally booked and heard nothing BUT if you need absolute quiet go for the third floor as running kids in room above you do hear. No frills like daily maid service unless you pay extra though clean towels and getting rid of trash no problem.Flat screen TV but not a zillion channels. One of very few places I've stayed with QUIET ac and heater. Husband in hospital for 10 days and being here has made the experience a whole lot stressful.

Room Tip: Ask for room on quiet side away from 101and third floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Modesto, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

highly recommend this hotel, great price, clean location, great customer service, loved having a kitchenette in the room.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have a kitchenette, I loved it, just made things easier, felt more at home r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a factastic stayin Extended Stay America San Carlos. The staff was fantastic. I was completely impressed with the manager, he took his time to accomodate my needs. The room was excellent, made me feel like home. Without a doubt i will return.

• Stayed July 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Francisco - San Carlos and the compliments about our management staff. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Carlos? Share your experiences!