“Hated my stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Chester, United Kingdom
“Hated my stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here as it was handy for dropping hire car off at airport the next morning for our flights home.I will never ever ever stay in this dump again,we hated every minute of it.The room is set out really weird,i thought it was a converted shop or something like.It badly needs decorating the room was also dirty,I think Zorro must hoover this room as no way are the edges ever cleaned.The bed made me icthy so didnt get any sleep.Very sorry i ever stayed here

Room Tip: just don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Did not expect much after reading all the reviews that were posted. Was a very basic motel which looks very run down and eerie from outside. However the room was spacious and well maintained and had free parking. No breakfast provided, but we had a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Dont stay in this hotel if I were you, I booked for 3 nights, the front desk personnel placed me on the inner room and have to pass by a long hallway, the room stinks, smells like molds, got scared didnt get any sleep for the whole night seems its haunted, and noisy airconditioned, shower curtain full of stains, ask the front desk if I can tranfer a room she said all rooms are booked, I requested to check the AC, but she never showed up, so after my work the 2nd night, I packed my things left the key, and checked in to other hotel, never again will I check in to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
San Bruno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have traveled extensively throughout the world; and almost always choose the cheapest options available. It was this practice that landed me at Budget Motel in San Bruno, CA. I rented two rooms (a single for myself and a double for my crew). It was by far the absolute worst lodging experience of my entire life. The crew's room did not have the microwave oven promised when the reservation was made. When I picked up the phone to call the office to request one, the phone had been beaten into a nonfunctioning piece of garbage (a piece of garbage that they charged a $20 deposit for I might add). As I was trying to determine whether I could make it work, I noticed that it did not have a cord. I went to the office to make my request and report my nonfunctioning phone; the lady at the desk (the only person that I met that spoke English) told me that the cord was probably behind the night stand; and she would see if they could find another microwave. I thanked her and returned to my room to look for the cord. It was in fact behind the night stand; along with grape vines, assorted trash, and likely years worth of dirt. After my second request for a microwave for my crew, I was told that they did not have one.
Both the air conditioner and the furnace (two seperate units) had visable filth and mold covering their faceplates. The outside door had gaps over 1/2" all the way around. The ciderblock walls were absolutely filthy and reminiscent of a third-world jail cell. The carpeting was disgusting; stained and reeking of dog urine. I found pieces of dog food along the wall to confirm my olfactory prowess. The bathroom was nothing short of a science experiment; with fixtures that looked like they had been salvaged from the L.A. riots nearly 30 years ago. The roof contained an open window that I could not shut; to make theft that much easier by the crackheads and gang members that inhabit this hood.When I asked the resident English speaking staff member if there were any internet options available for purchase; she suggested that since there was a ghetto housing area behind the hotel, maybe I could find a wifi connection that was not secured (she probably got the idea from the unsecured window in the roof that they provide at no extra charge). The water was a sickening shade of yellow and had a distinct odor of rotting vegetation. The only maid service provided over 4 miserable days, was replacing dingy stained towels twice. Not once was a bed made, or even a trash can emptied. I planned to stay two weeks, but could not take any more than 4 days. I would not have lasted that long if I had more than 6 hours a day to spend in this room. A gallon of bleach and a 30-day round of antibiotics will probably be necessary to recover from this. I would not reccomend this dump to my worst enemy.They were rude, obnoxious, and filthy. When I was not laying awake in bed, wondering if I would be killed in the crossfire of a drug deal gone bad or a gang war; the planes taking off in front of my door made sleep impossible. If this motel is the only vacancy that you can find, then do yourself a favor and check out neighboring dumpsters. It would certainly be an upgrade. Thank goodness my office was as horrified as I was, and made arrangements to find me another hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hudiksvall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

always the same..
sorry.. but Indian "not Native Americans" owned motels are always the worst..
lousy service..unfriendly staff.. no or very basic breakfast..
no ice machine..unrefurbished rooms/area..
pay 10-20 $ more and you get MUCH better places instead of these dump..!
the place itself could be made very nice with some small refurbished.. like paint..
new carpet etc.. but the owner thinks they still are in Calcutta and dont care about it..!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

This place is kind of a dump. It looks like the property was convert from horse stables, or maybe industrial warehouse storage. The ceilings had a weird-ish 1950s asbestos looking tile, and the wall had what looked like....well let's just say, 'organic material' splat over the crooked and broken headboard. the only thing this place has going for it is its proximity to sfo.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Well if you just wish to have a place to crash for an early morning flight departure out of SFO then this place might work.The hotel premises give you the feeling that you're in a bad neighborhood which isn't really the case.The building is in need of a paintjob....badly.
The blankets hadn't been washed in a while yet the bedsheets look like they had been changed yet matress was hard as a rock.The bathroom looked like a restroom you would see in a shady nightclub.Room had a mini-fridge, wall A/C Heater,television,old curtains that sagged, floor needed a real mopping.The people at check-in were decent people yet if you need ice for your bucket then you'll have to go to the liquor store around the corner.There's no shuttle service so be prepaired to fork over $15.00 USD for a cab to SFO which is about 2 1/2 miles away.This isn't really a place you'd want to bring your kids as they may have nightmares sleeping here.... so don't turn out the lights.....no kidding.

Room Tip: Save the cab fare by applying it to somewhere a little nicer around SFO that has free courtesy shutt...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Budget Motel? Share your experiences!