“Park and ride works great for SFO” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport - San Bruno

You added Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport - San Bruno to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport - San Bruno
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 Bayhill Drive, San Bruno, CA 94066   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Holiday Shopping Package
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Arcata, California
“Park and ride works great for SFO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed here for the purpose of leaving our car in their parking lot and using their SFO airport shuttle.

Its a good deal. We liked our room, and the shuttle to SFO is very convenient. Its so close to SFO that you get there or back in just a few minutes. Shuttle driver was nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Woodstock, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

20,000 people attending a Cisco conference filled up every hotel room in the city of San Francisco the week I came out for work downtown. The hotel was very comfortable and the shuttle service came in handy picking us up from the BART station when we came in late. Also shuttle was great from SFO to and from hotel, but you do have to call the hotel from the airport to request. I enjoyed the walk to and from the BART station. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. There is a food counter in lobby to get coffee, juices and breakfast foods which was very convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cebu City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We arrived San Francisco quite late after a canceled flight to Honolulu. We came in from Los Angeles and decided to go to San Francisco to catch a flight back to Honolulu as the chances of airseat availability for this flight was better than taking the flight from Los Angeles. When we arrived in San Francisco we needed a place to sleep for the night but as bad luck happens all the nearby hotels in the airport area was booked except this one which is very expensive at $230 a night without breakfast . Worst when we checked in we were given a "disabled room " on the ground floor. The hotel itself was very basic , the room was a bit gloomy and dark, carpet was a bit worn and aged. Not worth at all for what we have paid for, it was more expensive than the price we paid at the Waldorf Astoria in New York or even at the Montercarlo Hotel in Las Vegas and we were totally disappointed . Again lesson learned for not booking in advance . It was such an expensive hotel for a 5 hours sleep .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
sanbrunocy, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport - San Bruno, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with feedback for your stay. We appreciate your business and apologize that your stay didn't meet expectations.
If your in the area again we hope that you compare our prices to the surrounding hotels; I believe you will find them very competitive!

Warm Regards,
Courtyard Staff
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were catching a very early flight out of SFO and this place is perfect. The rooms are big, clean and the staff are very attentive. The location is right off the 380 only 5 mins to SFO. A perfect choice for travelers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Floral park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was extending a business trip an extra day and had an early flight so stayed my last night here (for price and convenience). And i am glad i did as the airline cancelled my 9 am flight and my best option was the 6 45 am flight, so being 10 minutes away with shuttle service was perfect for a 5 15 wake up call. The room was clean quiet which is really only what i wanted, i had spent the day in San Fran and didnt get to the hotel until 8 pm, and basically went to bed, so can't really comment on anything else. I did have a small balcony that overlooked a very pretty courtyard.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Powder Springs, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had a very difficult time just confirming our reservation. After finding out that they would not take a credit card over the phone to hold our reservation at the discount rate but I had only 2 hours left to pay, I was told I would be emailed a credit card verification form to complete & send back. after waiting 1 hour I called back & told them I had not received the form. I now had only 1 hour left. They went over details & discovered they had my email address wrong. so tried again. After 30 minutes I call back again stating I still had not received the form. oops they had my email address wrong yet again. I complained & was given to Curtis, a manager. After appologizing he said he resent the form. After 15 minutes I called back again...and guess what?? Cutris had my email address wrong.....yet again. This time I gave him 2 email addresses. I finally got the form. Compoeted it & sent it back. then I call Curtis to ensure he got it. Guess what........he had gone home. 15 minutes left to pay for my reservation.....my anger is rising. After speaking to Michelle Chow, who could not get into Curtis's email address, I had to resend her the form. I called her back with only 5 minutes to go....and yes she had gotten it and all was well................Our reservation is for 4/24. I now have very little faith that we will have a positive experience at this hotel. I hope I am plesantly surprised. Not off to a good start.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
sanbrunocy, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Airport - San Bruno, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Janis,

Our apologies for the misunderstanding with your email address. We certainly aim to make our reservation process as easy as possible and are sorry that this was not the case with yours.

Your feedback is important to us and are glad you took a moment to voice your concerns. We are looking forward to meeting all of your expectation for your upcoming stay.

Warm Regards,
The San Bruno Courtyard Staff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I recently spent a night at this hotel due to a marathon return trip from Asia on Cathay Pacific. Missed connections at HGK and SFO, and the airline sent me here for a night. Generally would not have written a review, but I do want to comment on how friendly and accommodating the staff were, and the fact that the hotel is immaculate and there is a great view of the water from the lounge/restaurant area. When I politely asked the waitress if the kitchen hadn't overcooked my dinner a bit (she hadn't brought it herself), she immediately replaced it and then didn't charge me for the wine. I think those gestures are more and more uncommon these days. Rooms at the hotel are clean and comfortable -- good mattress, no problems with wifi, ...

All in all I thought the people here were extremely friendly and professional, and the hotel is a good value.

Room Tip: There's a slight surcharge for rooms with a view of the water. I opted not to get one because I...