“Hawaii Connection” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Honolulu
“Hawaii Connection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a good Mom and Pop kind of restaurant nothing too fancy, friendly atmosphere, good service and good food. Well worth the price. Would stop again on my next trip to San Bruno.

Visited September 2013

100% Recommend
Belmont, California
“Aji Ichi is the best Value Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have been eating here for years and this place is the best value around. The bento box lunch has so much food you can not finish everything. You get to choose 2 yes 2 main dishes, I tend to always order the beef teriyaki rare, and when you order it rare that is what you get. It is also a pretty nice size steak estimate 5oz and I order the tempura which is cooked perfect not greasy and plentiful, comes with 2 jumbo shrimp, zucchini, eggplant, carrot, broccoli. The box also comes with a half grapefruit size portion of rice, 3 different kinds of salad, bowl of miso soup, edinami, and tea.

Jae will also remember your order from the last time you were in and ask if you want the same. How she remembers I'll never know but she does.

• Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Discovery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped in here with a co-worker on the recommendation of my brother. We all travel on business a great deal, and the Bay Area is not home.

Classic entrepreneuriel "hole in the wall" that exceeds all expectations in hospitality, authenticity, and quality food.

Unpretentious. Affordable. Clean, well-kept rest room. Still within the shadow of SFO.

Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“We can't stop coming back to Aji Ichi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We moved from San Bruno a year ago and were sad to leave the convenience of our favorite Japanese Restaurant. We cannot find one that compares and keep driving back to get our "fix". Favorites: Dragon Roll and Jae's special chicken noodle dish. Outstanding!

• Visited July 2013
Eureka, California
“Best Japanese Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Bar none, best Japanese dinner I have had for the price. I ordered the small sushi combo while my husband had the combo dinner with cooked to order beef teriyaki + sashImi, plus an appetizer of agadashi tofu and we split a large beer. Tea and edamame were complimentary.

My mixed sushi was varied and fresh and came with what tasted like house made pickled ginger, not the stuff in a jar. His dinner came with very nice white miso soup, pickles, rice and salad (salad a skip honestly), but the beef was cooked med-rare as he asked, and their was more than we'd expected.

Total bill was just over $40 for both of us, with drinks, and we were stuffed on better food than we can find anywhere back in Humboldt County. I also have to mention that the service was very good and friendly. I will come back for sure, in fact, it is going to make it hard to return to my local spots for Sushi now that I am reminded of how good it should be.

• Visited July 2013