You added Howard Johnson Express Inn San Bruno/SFO West to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn San Bruno/SFO West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   190 El Camino Real, Off Hwy 101 to 380 West, San Bruno, CA 94066   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lobby Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had booked a one time stay for business a week before my stay. Upon arrival, I was given the room in the lobby. The desk clerk assured me it was a good room, since he had stayed in it many times. Hummm. I was not crazy about being on the ground floor, street side. Or being able to hear people coming and going all night long. It turned out fine, since it was only 1 night. The hot water was probably the biggest issue...it took FOREVER to heat up in both the shower and sink. I also thought the parking garage was very dark..sort of scary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Melsele, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We chose this hotel for our last night stay on our road trip through Southwest USA. The close proximity to the San Francisco airport and the parking lot were the big advantages that made us choose Howard Johnson. It's clean and big rooms, facilities (like fridge and microwave) and comfortable bed we experienced as a big plus. Because of our early flight we did not take the free breakfast in the morning. Given that it is not a custom in USA to get free breakfast, this is also an advantage which in our opinion defenitely justifies the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

HUNTINGTON BEACH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel was a vey positive value. Two front desk personnel were exceptionally helpful, Mary and the gentleman from Fiji. They were excellent. Rooms were good sized with refrig and microwave both of which worked well. Beds were comfortable and a/c was good. In room safe battery was low so it was problematic to use it. I did not do breakfast. Ability to print my own boarding pass was a plus. Safe, quiet location. Ten minutes from the airport without using the freeway. Overall a very positive experience. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

SUGAR LAND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Greeting was bland! Hotel was clean, room was big, No frills hotel. Breakfast was very basic. Room cleaning was done late in the day sometimes as late as 5pm

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by this place. Didnt really expect much, but it had all you needed and the room was nice, clean and big. There was a good parking area, nice staff and bagels for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012
Prativ P, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn San Bruno/SFO West, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank your for taking your time and giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Thanks for making us look good.We do appreciate everyone's feedback.This helps us getting better and providing the best service we can.
WASHINGTON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Despite having booked a couple of months in advance, room was not quiet -- which is what i requested. Room stunk of chemicals. When I asked for a diffferent room, I was told there were none. When I checked in, I came from the garage -- so not through the front door; on front door, there is the AAA Membership discount -- it is not found at check-in counter. When I later asked that I be given the discount, the snippy young man told me it could not be done (Talik?). When I protested, he said I was free to leave the hotel. When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told he was not available. The wand to the television set did not work.

I will never stay with you again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review regarding your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for not reaching out to you and taking care of you. I am sorry we could not honor your requests.
We will try to do better next time. Again thanks for letting us know about your experience at our hotel.
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Two relaxing nights at a great place. The staff is superb, very helpful and thoughtful. Recommended a locale restaurant for breakfast that was one of the best meals we had! Great location, close enough to San Francisco without being in all the hubbub! Highly recommend this place. Good parking too!

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn San Bruno/SFO West? Share your experiences!