“It Was Fine” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Herndon, Virginia
“It Was Fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

It was sushi. It tasted ok. Nothing exceptional, but about as good as I get back home on an average day. The bar is set fairly high for the Bay Area, so this place only gets 3 stars. It's adequate for the location, but if you have transportation, then you can undoubtedly find better.

Visited January 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Restaurant has gone badly downhill. We couldn't finish our dinner.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant many times over the years, and I've always been very happy with the food. This time, I came in with a coworker, expecting the same food, and similar service asis in the past. Every single thing about the experience was terrible... first, the waitress obviously could not care less. Second, we ordered edamommy, and it showed up at our table less than a minute later: Cold and limp like it has been sitting on a counter for a couple of hours. I politely told the waitress that this was supposed to be hot, and she proceeded to bring it back to the kitchen and they threw it in the microwave. Then came the sushi... what showed up, tasted fishy and horrible. My coworker and I exchanged glances, and I said "does this taste fishy to you?" He cringed and said..."Yeah, yuck". once again, we complained to the waitress, politely, and she took our sushi, and came back with 4 pieces of sushi, and they were even worse! We couldn't eat more than a bite each. She came back and said what do you think? We said itthat was still bad, and wethe asked her if we can send this back and just get some noodle soup. She agreed to give us 1 noodle soup to split. It was ramen ñoodle soup with a few wilted vegetables. We ate it anyway, paid ourHR bill and left. Never again! This was horrible and disgusting.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Decent Food, So-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

I have been coming here on and off for years and every time I come it feels like it gets more and more mundane.

They have a bar which can comfortably seat 8 with a big screen tv in front. There are lots of tables strewn about and it's very easy to navigate through them. Clean tables and plenty of condiments are available as well.

The menu has a variety of food ranging from appetizers like agedashi tofu and gyoza to their various ramen and udon noodles to bento boxes as well as your assortment of sushi. Their rice dishes are left to be desired. I've ordered chicken curry and unagi donbury and they were not very good.

Service feels rushed. They greet you very quickly and seat you just as quick. Even if there were no one else around, it feels rushed and impersonal.

They are very inexpensive, quick food delivery as well as take-out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“Bad customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2007

The bento box is okay but the tempura is too oily. Salmon sashimi is alright. I think this place is better than Akagi however one of the waitress is really rude and has no manners. Customers beware! She has short hair and always wear a kimono.