“Parking a nightmare!” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   411 San Bruno Ave. East, San Bruno, CA 94066   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
“Parking a nightmare!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The hotel is fairly easy to get to from the airport, however there parking lot is very small and if you've got a big car you'll struggle to get a space. The rooms are clean and functional, breakfast is served next to reception, and isn't anything special. Plus is the location, but nothing else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stockton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hotel staff was very helpful..from the beginning when I asked about an early check in (part of our Candlestick tour was possibly going to be cancelled) to helping give directions when mapquest sent us to the wrong address. Room was clean and quiet, even with a fairly busy street right outside and being so close to SFO. There were well stocked vending machines right outside our door, too. Only drawback was the pacer in the room above us but that wasn't the fault of the hotel. Air worked well, shower was hot and bed was comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Reasonable priced rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hotel staff were extremely helpful. Room was clean and price was great for the location and transportation service available. Besides the pillows being lumpy (a good sign they wash them) the stay was great. Next time I travel to SFO I will be staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went to SF for a few days over Thanksgiving and I was very fortunate that I chose to stay in this hotel (Regency San Bruno). It was less than 5 minutes from the SF airport and probably about 12-15 miles to downtown SF (about 20 minutes drive). The room was clean and the lady that checked me in was very helpful. It was a pleasure doing business with her. Well all of the employees in this hotel are very accommodating. Thank goodness I gave this hotel the benefit of the doubt and did not believe the bad reviews. The hotel is also close to a mall and there's a lot of good variety of restaurants nearby. I would definitely recommend this to my friends and would comeback and stay whenever I will be in the area.

Room Tip: I would suggest that you call this hotel and verify your room if you book this on either expedia or...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Kansas, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

After reading all the negative comments from other travelers. I almost canceled my reservation. However, I said to myself, I need to see and feel to believe these outrageous comments. The hotel's location is great, right beside the Airport, close to bus/train and most attractions. The employees were really polite and helpful for whatever we needed/asked. The room was big and clean with comfortable beds. The breakfast is the classic one you will find in most hotels, a small buffet with basic stuff; not the most tasteful but it is a plus that it is included in the price. Overall, the value for money was great. Some people expect a 5 Star accommodation while they're only paying for a 2 Star price. Be realistic guys. Go to Sheraton and Marriott next time if you think you're being undervalued by this great Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Was in SF for business and literally every hotel was booked, and this was the only one with available rooms. That itself should have warned me. When I arrived at the hotel the two women on the front desk took 15 minutes to find my reservation in the system. They then said I would have a double bed, even though I had ordered a king. After getting to my room I found there was no iron or ironing board. I spent another 5 minutes on the phone asking for them to bring one to my room. Well that was way too complex for them - they had to move me to another room which had an iron. That took another 15 minutes in the office getting that sorted. When I got to the room the carpet was filthy, there were bugs (ranging from small flies to large scale moths), the towels looked about 14 years old and no extra blanket. I chose to sleep in my hoodie rather than ask for another blanket.
Didn't bother with the breakfast as it looked very sketchy. Check out was as equally difficult when I requested a receipt. Would NEVER stay here again - would rather cancel my business trip before having to stay here. Beware!

• Stayed November 2013
Centennial, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We just needed a place to stay near the airport for one night and we didn't have a lot of time to look. Found this place online and gave them a call to book it. Upon entering the room, we saw a pair of underwear hanging from the shower rod. The bathroom sink was clogged. The towels were super thin as were the bedding sheets. The sheets were so thin, it was like not having anything on you to begin with. There was also a converse box under the heater but we didn't dare touch it. While it's close to the airport, we didn't realize how close; you could hear jets coming over so close I thought they were going to hit the building. Also, it's right by the interstate so we heard constant traffic. The breakfast room is about a 10'x8' room with 3 small tables (2 chairs/table) in it. With tax, it came to around $130. We also called the HOliday INn Express and that would've been around $165. We should've done that. Spend a little extra to get a nicer room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Gateway Inn and Suites Hotel
#10 of 13 in San Bruno
3.5 of 5 stars 140 reviews
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West

Been to Regency Inn San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!