“Five minutes from rental car return!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Naples, Florida
“Five minutes from rental car return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed two nights. Took the train into San Fransisco...
The room was clean, and airy, what you would expect from a Comfort Inn. Staff very nice, and willing to answer questions. Nice city with great mall, and brew pub...some airplane noise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This Comfort Inn was a delightful surprise. We'd stayed at several different hotels, motels during our vacation and we expected this room close to SFO to be pretty standard. Maybe it was--but it was large, bright and cheerful, with a kitchenette space in the foyer opposite the bathroom, a cozy couch in a nook for reading and a king-size bed and desk for using the computer and the free wifi.
The free breakfast offerings in the lobby were cereals, milk, toast, muffins, scrambled eggs, bananas, oj, coffee, tea. Plenty for us. There were only 3 tables in the lobby/breakfast area where we easily found seats, but had it been crowded, we could have taken the food back to our room or to the small courtyard in the center of the 2nd floor.
The reception staff was polite and professional.
This location is a mile or two to the rental car return terminal. But if you need to fill up the tank, drive back a mile or so to El Camino Real where gas was 50-cents cheaper than at the station immediately across from the Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Our room a corner room on the second floor facing E. San Bruno Ave.; hotel in a quiet mixed resident...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This Comfort Inn we feel was a good stay for the $$. I was a little nervous after reading some of the other tripadvisor reviews but our overall stay turned out too be better than I had anticipated. We were looking for a lower priced hotel near San Franscico ( about 9 miles away 15 minutes), we stayed for 2 days.
The customer service was good the rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable, and the room was much larger than a typical Comfort standard room. The area that the hotel is located in is a little different, you would expect it to be in a high commercial area , but this property is in a combination light commercial, and older residential area. Just seems to not really fit in to the typical normal hotel area. We had no problem with the area, it was quiet and easy to find with a GPS.
The breakfast area was small, the staff running the breakfast area did a great job, the area and set up were clean and the breakfast was modest but good and all items were fresh.
all in all this was a good overall stay for the money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellsworth, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

The hotel staff was lovely when I checked in. I had been upgraded to a suite. I liked that the windows opened. Occasionally the flights overhead were loud, but that was done by the time I went to bed. Overall, I was very comfortable here. I had an early flight, and the shuttle worked fine for me. I didn't try the exercise equipment or breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Before you come to San Fran, print out the exact address of this place. Otherwise, you're liable to get screwed around at the airport.

I asked the airport shuttle guy where to wait for a shuttle to the Comfort Inn and Suites. He asked if I meant the one in the city or the airport one. I said the airport one. And he pointed me to a stop. 90 minutes later, the shuttle arrived. I jumped in and got out at Comfort Inn. They didn’t have my reservation. I gave the code and they said it was the other Comfort Inn and Suites within 3 miles of the airport. They could call a cab for me. It would be around $15.

So when a shuttle finally comes to the airport hotels stop that says Comfort Inn and Suites, it's probably not yours. This is frustrating to say the least and something I really didn't expect. One of these places needs to change their name.

Anyway, once I got over being screwed by the shuttle fiasco, the place wasn't too bad. Overpriced but did the trick.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Free shuttle to/from airport.Walking distance to San Bruno airport which is ideal as the price of BART from SFO airport to Powell Station is twice as much. Hence, we saved alot on our transport. General Manager took initaitive to provide us with maps around our inn and directions to walk to the BART and also gave us brochures of downtown SFO upon check in.
Rooms were clean and very spacious, great breakfast spread. Staff were friendly and always gave a helping hand. It was more than we expected with good service and location. Definately value for money.
A great thanks to the General Manager who offered to send us to the airport as we missed the shuttle upon check out.
Overall a great stay:)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Customer Service:
So like with most hotels near SFO, you have to understand that many are outdated and need to be updated as was the case with this hotel. That is understandable and okay. You figure that at least the staff, particularly the Night Auditor guy, would be more friendly and nicer but that wasn't the case. I think I actually annoyed him because I wanted to check in and he had to get off the computer.

Room condition:
Immediately I noticed the room had a "funk" to it. Again, with the smell you figure the staff would be smart and turn on the A/C to air any of it out but that wasn't the case. Near the desk by the window, the carpet smelled like urine, yes urine. I can tell because I am an AGM at another property.

Bed:
Horrible. It needs to be updated, if the not entire place. I did not even sleep under the sheets.

TV:
Tube-t.v. not a flat screen and the cable system/cable boxes setup look as if they were done manually. They are the comcast cable boxes that you'd setup in your homes; not professional at all.

Only plus:
Was the water filter that they have setup in one of the sinks at the "wet bar." and the location being near SFO.

I don't recommend, any for the price. Look for something cleaner and friendlier. I'm not sure who or what these other folks are speaking of, the hotel was not clean. Take my word for it or try it for yourself. Again, I am an AGM at another property!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport WEST? Share your experiences!