“Great hotel in San Francisco area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Special Weekend Rate!
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in San Bruno
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Great hotel in San Francisco area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

We were in town for a family function and needed a place to accommodate my family (two adults and a teenager) and my sister and two of her young children. This hotel was perfect. We had a two bedroom suite with kitchenette and living room area.

The rooms were clean and spacious. They have a beautiful outdoor pool which we were unable to take advantage of because it was too cold out, but the boys (ages 4, 10, & 15) did use the mini basketball court one night when we returned to the hotel. They have a basketball at the reception desk.

They have a good breakfast with all the standard breakfast fare - fruit, hard boiled eggs, waffles, two hot dishes that changed daily, donuts, cereal, coffee, tea, milk, juice, soda, etc.

This hotel also has a laundry room that is open 24 hrs a day. There is no charge to use the washers and dryers. You just have to purchase the laundry detergent. My sister and I did laundry two nights in a row, at midnight and felt very safe. You have to use your key to get into the main building and to get into the laundry room after hours. They also have security on duty that is very visible which is a comfort late at night. We spoke to the head of security one night and he said he is all over the hotel. We also saw him the next night making rounds.

Our last night there we had rowdy next door neighbors come in at 3 AM. My sister actually opened the door and told them to shut up. She wanted to call the front desk but found our phone was out of order. When we checked out I told them about the run in with the neighbors and the phone being out. I also told them that the water in one bathroom sink was very slow to go down (took about 15 min). They apologized and took $40 off our bill for the inconvience.

I would definitely stay here again if in the area. My sister is thinking about going back to San Francisco with the rest of her family and wants to stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Really clean rooms. Friendly staff. Breakfast choices are good. They have best coffee ever! And I love their waffle maker! Definitely worth it!

• Stayed September 2010
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We've vacationed in the Bay Area several times. This was our second time at this hotel. Location is great - near Bart, near airport, near highways. Walk to shopping center and restaurants. Near Pacifica beach (a free beach - no fee to park like state beaches.) Great free breakfast. Evening free snacks - OK but not bad.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Brookings, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I stayed here a little over a week.
No problems.
The grounds are very well kept.
You could tell a lot of the "residents" were long term. Everyone was very nice and polite.
I am a single woman and I felt safe.
Full size kitchen with everything you need.
Just down the street from a huge mall.

The only thing I'd complain about is the mattress...very old and lumpy.

Would defiinitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Christchurch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

These apartments are very close to SFO airport and they are also just over the road from shoping centres and restaurants. Even though they are out of the city it is very easy to walk to the BART station and catch the train right into the city. In half an hour you can be at Fisherman's Wharf. It is great to go and see the city, do the tours etc then jump on the train and come back out to the peace and quiet of San Bruno.
Even though it is close to the airport we weren't disturbed by the planes at all.
The hotel thinks of everything. There is a free guest laundry, a free area with internet AND a printer, a convenience shop, a decent breakfast bufftet and a free shuttle bus to the airport. There is also a good pool area and the location means it is perfect for families - a movie complex within walking distance (near the BART station) and so many places to eat.
The air conditioning can be managed from each apartment and the rooms are spacious and well appointed.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else and am thrilled that we found this place. My husband and I are travelling with my mother and so a 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment was perfect.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I just returned from a 6-day stay at Staybridge Suites, San Bruno, after accompanying my brother for scheduled examination and surgery at San Francisco.

We had never been to the area and therefore made a telephone call to General Manger Lisa Delorean for assistance in reservations and accommodating our needs. She was just a wonderful help and a true credit to Staybridge Suites. She was very kind and made everything easy and convenient.

When we met her personally, she was every bit as efficient as she had sounded over the phone, very organized and very hard-working. Most of all, she had such a kind and compassionate aspect that no guest would have failed to have been favorably impressed.

With regard to the hotel itself, I only have good things to say. I told her that our two-BR suite appeared so new that I thought the rooms had just been refurbished (it turned out they were so clean they just looked that way). The bathroom was spotless, as was the kitchen. The beds were very comfortable, and the bedrooms even had walk-in closets. All of the amenities of home had been supplied, including a laundry basket and ironing board.

The laundry room downstairs was convenient and again, looked brand-new.

The reception area near the check-in was warm and inviting. Most of all, all the staff members were eager and helpful, which is testimony to their supervision by Ms. Delorean. This extended to the people who had all-night duty, who were unfailingly courteous and helpful, including giving us wake-up calls and taking the time to explain getting my Apple laptop on-line through the wi-fi. And the computer room provided good computers and a new printer to work with, from which I was able to preprint my United boarding pass.

The breakfast each morning was just terrific. (I missed sampling the "sundowner" dinners during the weekday nights which were included as one of the perquisites.)

As a result of my experience, in the future I will make every effort to try to stay there. Staybridge Suites, San Bruno, rates an "A" in my book, and manager Lisa Delorean, an "A-Plus"!

I am so glad I had the chance to experience staying at this terrific hotel.

• Stayed June 2010
Bakersfield, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Since we booked this room on priceline for an excellent rate, we didn't know exactly what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised by the entire experience. When we first arrived, we noticed that the property looked really nice and welcoming. Nothing too fancy, but it was clean, spacious, and inviting. Once we checked into our suite, we were very happy to see the spaciousness and cleanliness of the room. Although my husband and I enjoy our time together, we also enjoy having our own space in a hotel room. The suites were perfect for this. The standard suite had a kitchen, living room, and a bedroom. Both the bedroom and living room had a TV w/ an excellent cable lineup w/ HBO). The livingroom Tv had a flat screen w/ a dvd player. We love to watch TV and movies so we were very pleased. The bathroom was clean and spacious as well as the adjacent closet that had more than enough room for our luggage. The kitchen area was the perfect size and provided everything that we needed. Our only complaint was the noise from the planes and the size of the bed. My husband and I are used to sharing a king bed, so we were a little cramped in the double bed. In addition to that, we would be awoken by the sounds of planes every so often, but given the proximity to SFO, we were expecting that. That was our only real complaint, but everything else made up for it. Although we only stayed here one night on our way to San Francisco, I wish we would have stayed here for the entire trip (it was much more comfortable and reasonable than the hotel that we stayed at in SF). It is close to the BART station for transportation to SF and has two large shopping centers w/ restaurants across the street. We will definitely stay here for our next trip to the Bay area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!