We stayed here because we wanted a 2 bedroom suite close to SFO but within easy distance to San Francisco and the wine valleys.
The hotel was clean, the room was clean, the staff were great, in fact, they were brilliant! Nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast was the norm and fine. Didn't use the pool or the gym, but they looked fine also. Used the Business Centre to check in for my flights back to the UK. All worked fine. Wi-fi throughout the complex was OK although it did occasionally drop for a minute of two. I'd imagine that is simply due to volume of users and nothing the hotel can actually do much about. You heard a couple of the big planes take off over the hotel, but you get use to it.
We used the free shuttle service to SFO which you can book. Really appreciated that service and the driver was very helpful. Drive is only 10 minutes.
The hotel was 3 minutes from the San Bruno BART station which for $3.90 can get you into downtown San Francisco in about half an hour. Took us a while to figure out how you use the ticket machines as BART appear to have a system totally different to every other mass transit city in the world!!, but hey ho, we finally figured it out. (Hint - know your destination and fare)
The drive to the Golden Gate is about 25 minutes, and for a further 25 minutes you can be in Sonoma or Napa with some serious wine tasting. We spent a great day in Sonoma (beautiful town) and at the nearby Ravenswood Vineyards. I tasted some fantastic reds that day!! We also visited Alcatraz which I thought would be a bit cheesy, but actually very good and I learn't a lot. Kudos to the Parks Service for that one. Had a meal in Sausalito, which is across the bay near the GG bridge. Fantatsic views and a nice dinner. Perfect!! Recommend Sausalito to anyone..
When in SF, don't bother with the cable car. They are infrequent, $5 a ride ($13 day ticket), massive queues at the start/end stations and full of tourists. We used it twice and after the obligatory photo opportunities, gave up on them and simply walked everywhere! Some of the hills were pretty steep, but for every up, there is a down!
If you really want to ride the cable car, do as we did and walk a few blocks away from the start/end stations and their queues and jump on board at those stops. The cable car will be relatively full and you'll likely have to stand on the outside step, but that's the best way to ride the cable car!! All of the 'noobies' who waited 45 minutes at the start will be on the inside, whilst you are on the outside taking in the views. That also seemed to be what the locals were doing too!!
Although not a 'downtown' location, this hotel was perfect for us to be able to do all of the above with relative ease and I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants to visit the Bay Area. Really enjoyed my 3 days in this area.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel
- Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel San Bruno
- San Bruno Staybridge Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport hotel is an all-suite property and the perfect place for your next stay or extended stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment or temporary housing. Each suite has a full kitchen, a separate living room and large desk with free high-speed Internet. Complimentary breakfast buffet is provided to all our guests as well as a complimentary evening guest reception: Sundowner, which is served Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM. Apart from the standard Staybridge amenities we also offer an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi and sport court.We are a pet friendly hotel, ideal for corporate relocations and conveniently located in the birthplace of biotechnology, only 3 miles from San Francisco airport. We are within reach of the AT & T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants, Chinatown, and BART. We re also within a 20 mile radius of great attractions such as Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman s Wharf, and Union Square. Some of our guests choose to stay with us although they might visit nearby universities such as UC Berkley, Stanford University and San Francisco State University.Many of our regular guests visit us due to our close location to shopping and companies such as Genentech, Gap, Toshiba and Kaiser Permanente. Whatever the reason for your travel is, we would love for you to join our Priority Club & stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Francisco Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.