“Completely worth it to try, if you are not picky!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #7 of 13 hotels in San Bruno
Warsaw, NC
“Completely worth it to try, if you are not picky!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This hotel is just great, in my opinion. As some other reviewers state, there's a whole of buch of amenities you can benefit from. Their airport shuttle works timely and all you need is a call to the front desk so that they have it ready for you within minutes. Their front desk service is real good. Despite our check in was at 3.00 pm, we got there at 11.00 am and these guys helped us keep our baggage in their office safely. Even tough check in was at that time, we got our room an hour and a half earlier with no inconvinience. The room, regardless of its CHEAP PRICE, was just great. Comfortable beds, fresh smell, a small fridge, coffeee, clean bathrooms... everything you need. If I start being picky, there are indeed some things that don't like such as the noise you can hear coming from the other rooms, a weird locked door in-between rooms and people playing with it, etc... I might list a few more, but I'm the kind of person that tries to see the positive aspects out of the bad ones. So for me and my wife that WASN'T a big deal.

Breakfast was always served on time, and you could choose having coffee, cereal and pancakes, pancakes, cereal and coffee or cereal, coffee and pancakes. Yeah! It's always the same, but who cares when it's included and you don't have to worry about spending some bucks for an unhealthy breakfast.

Regarding tranportation to San Francisco, we kind of dealt a little bit with it beacuse we found expensive riding the BART everyday (am I sounding cheap? Yes, I know, that's why I picked this hotel). Rides from and to the BART airport station, the closest to the hotel, are a bit pricy. If you can purchase BART tickets easily, then you won't have any type of trouble. We decided to ride Sam Trans, which becomes a good but rough alternative. There's a route, 391, that can take you to the last stop (some 45 minutes from the hotel, $2 per person-this bus station is just 2 blocks away frrom the hotel). Then you can make connection on the MUNI (unlimited rides if you buy the SF City Pass). This trip turned out to be long (almost an hour and 1/2 one way), but cheap at the same time.

Once in San Francisco ALWAYS consider purchasing the San Francisco City Pass. It's just so worth it. You can ride the MUNI buses, the cable cars everything regarding MUNI unlimited! Also the attractions offered are great (Alcatraz, MOMA, The Exploratorium, The aquarium at Pier 39).

I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anybody planning on visiting San Francisco. My wife and I purchased a hotel-flight package in advance for a real good price, and this hotel is a great alternative for staying, considering you'll be out of it all day long enjoying all the wonders SF offers. We live in NC and found CA way more expensive so you have to take some extra bucks to adjust to it.

Other than that I hope you enjoy your visit and get as excited as we did when we were in SF.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Daysinn12391, Manager at Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your business with us. We really appreciate your precious time that you gave in writing this review and some important information about the transportation system. We are definitely sure that this information would be helpful to our other guests as well. Our main aim is to satisfy the guest's need. Transportation system of San Francisco is really good and affordable, also our airport shuttle services are reliable as well.

Thank you so much once again to share your view towards our hotel and other facilities connected with it. We really appreciated that. Will look forward to see you in future.

335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
Banff, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This Days Inn is very convenient to SFO airport if you need a quick stopover. While my room was clean enough, there were scuff marks both on the doors in the room and on each and every door to the other rooms. It was obvious that there is no thorough cleaning going on here.

Also, the walls are very thin and the folks next door were talking and laughing into the wee hours. I had to get up at 5 AM for an early flight, so I didn't get very much sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't have an adjoining room. I think the doors between my room and the ne...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for sharing your concern with us, will definitely look in to it. We are so sorry for the inconvenience that you had during your stay at our hotel, but we do appreciate your business with us. Will try to fix these problem as soon as possible, and with your kind concern we already started working on it by placing metal plate on the doors and also have instructed to our housekeeper to keep on eye on those matter. Still thank you so much for bringing to our attention. Wish we would meet your expectation next time when you stay with us
Chennai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Burning smell from the heater within 5 mins of turning on, Informed the reception, the guy opened up the windows and said "Heater was not turned on for a long time and hence the smell" and good thing is nothing happened bad after that. TV did not turn on, huge crack on the mirror inside the bathroom. Dont get convinced on the complimentary breakfast, there is nothing to eat actually.

location is near the airport and shuttle service is provided every 1 hr.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I booked this hotel for less than $50 a night and this is what we got:
1. Free airport shuttle to and from the hotel (including when we just needed to get to the airport to then go into the city)
2. A room that was clean and spacious
3. Fats and free internet in the room
4. A continental breakfast which is good. I dont know what people who moan on this site expect from a free breakfast in a room that costs $50 but I had coffee, apple juice, some cereal, a couple of slices of toast, a chocolate muffin, an apple and a freshly made Belgian waffle. I was impressed!
5. Helpful staff at the front desk who suggested ways of getting downtown early in the morning, phoned taxi cabs for us and made sure breakfast was set up a bit earlier so we had time to eat before heading off.

Thanks for our stay and we will be back next week!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed here for a quick nights rest before a 6am flight. Decided to use their free parking and park our rental car for the night and drive to the airport the next morning, so didnt have to figure out their shuttle system. The room itself was large, king-size bed, and coffee machine. Alas, the heat system didnt work though. The night staff was nice enough. I would recommend this place for those who need to be near the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

This hotel smells very clean and the lady who checked us in was lovely. I asked if the hotel bill could be split between two credit cards upon checkout. She assured us it was fine. We paid about $80 for a room with two double beds. It was a decent room with a free bus to the airport, no complaints here.

We went to check out early the next morning, and no one was at the desk, so I rang the bell. I rang it several times and no one came. We decided to call the hotel, and a lady in the next room (within earshot) picked up. We told her we needed to check out and we wanted to split the bill. She, Mary, told us that was not possible. When I told her that I had been told otherwise, she begrudgingly said, "Give me your card." After we paid, she gave us one receipt. I asked for a copy so we both could have one. She gave me a nasty look and started muttering insults under her breath. After tossing me the copy, she walked away, continuing to mutter insults about us.

You're in the hospitality business. Stop being lazy and rude.

If not for Mary, I would have given this 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
North, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We booked one night via Priceline. The shuttle picked us up at the airport within 15 minutes of our call. Person at the front desk was friendly and we booked for a 5am shuttle back to the airport the next morning. Our room was in the back of the hotel. The room stunk of room deodorizer. Thankfully the window opened and had a screen. Finally the air was breathable. Room was ok, needed a good repainting. Bedsheets had holes in them. Free wifi worked, quiet room. They gave us a muffin and banana to take on the shuttle. I would look for another place next time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West? Share your experiences!