“EXCELLENT STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“EXCELLENT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I were on a trip starting in San Francisco and only spent one night here. We had no problem getting transportation from the hotel, our room was very modern, clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast helped to start our day. I was very pleasantly surprised by the caliber of this hotel. I will most definitely stay here again if we are traveling to San Fran. This is the best airport hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed for three nights and four days. Wonderful decor, wonderful room, wonderful staff and impressive amenities for the price. The only issue I had was the traffic noise. Don't stay in the front of the hotel if you're a light sleeper. We will stay again, but at the back of the hotel. We were visiting family in Foster City and the hotels were just too expensive. This was a real treat! The front desk people were so gracious and bent over backwards to make our stay a good one. I didn't ask to have my room changed because the desk clerk let us check in at 10 am instead of making us wait until 3 and I didn't want to move out again.

Room Tip: The bed was great just too much traffic noise at the front of hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here prior to an early morning departure. We decided to return car to the airport the night before and the hotel staff offered to pick us up and return us to the hotel as well as get us to the airport the next morning. Wine and cheese is offered in the evening and a breakfast buffet is available in the morning. It was so convenient and the room was roomy and comfortable. Good choice!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was located just a few minutes away from the san bruno Bart station. This gives you quick access to both the city and the airport. No complaints as my room was clean and comfortable. A functional tv, free breakfast, and a decent fitness room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Brazoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have stayed at the Villa Montes on quite a few trips and my stays have always been great. But my last stay was ( Tarnished ) by their late night front desk clerk. He was a tall male guy. ( Foreigner ). I found his attitude and conduct to be ( OFFENSIVE AND EVEN RACIST ). I stopped by the front desk and asked for some bathroom tissue because I had ran out of it in my room. And this guy rudely made NO EFFORT to help me. I had to get some tissue on myown from the restroom located in the lobby. I was ( DISGUSTED ) by this tall ( EMPTY HEADED IDIOT ). It is a shame that with all of the other employees being so nice this clown would put a damper on my stay with his OFFENSIVE ATTITUDE.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We were overnighting in San Francisco, with an early-ish international flight out in the morning. After struggling to find a decent hotel at a decent price in the city itself, we ended up booking out by the airport - which I reckon was about half the price for equivalent value. So we stayed late and enjoyed the ice skating and a good dinner in the city. Then drove out to the hotel around 10pm. Was an easy ride, a quick and seamless check-in and an easy 5 mins out to the airport in our rental car the next morning. Highly recommend this approach, especially with a family.

The hotel itself looked new to me, nicely presented and clean. Very friendly and efficient service. And a good breakfast, included in our rate. Not a lot to do around here so I would recommend just using it as an overnight option - but this hotel works really well in that regard.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Title pretty much sums up my thoughts on this hotel; parking was free. Close to San Francisco, restaurants and shopping mall nearby, easy to find & free parking.

Not a recommend from me, room was not vacuumed, dusty and silverfish having a fiesta in the bathtub. Maybe just my room, but the hotel was practically empty, should have been plenty of time to properly clean a room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Montes Hotel, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!