“Newly Remodeled Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 hotels in San Bruno
Atlanta, ga
“Newly Remodeled Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had stayed at the Inn last yr, It needed some improvements. I was there for a resent business trip last month and they had changed everything out which made a huge impact in their room. I recommend this Inn to everyone it is very clean and budget friendly. I was very impressed with everything. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This place was such a relief after having so much trouble in downtown SF. This place was very clean once you walk into the room you can smell the cleanliness of the room. I stayed there for two nights, and had no problems. The clerk was very helpful even when we needed a iron, because they provide you with iron board, fridge, closet, towels, ice bucket, self heating and AC and dressers. The tv is outdated but worked good. The restroom was clean as well. I always have my own towel so I'd suggest taking your own towel since the towels there are a bit rough. This place is great for its price. Beats staying in downtown SF any day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you happen to be passing through the San Francisco airport on an over night layover or are in town and need a budget priced hotel, you might want to look into the Bayhill Inn. Not many hotels in the Bay Area at this price level are this nice. The rooms are sparse but clean, the beds are large and comfortable and the staff is friendly and accomidating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The front desk clerk would not ring the persons room,I was trying to reach. He was rude, and even hung up on me. Their ad says 24 hr. front desk, but the clerk told me the front desk was closed. And even though I explained there was an emergency, the man would not ring the room for me. He said to just dial the room number which I did not know. But he refused to ring the room for me and this is after he had hung up on me because i couldn't understand him (he had an accent and sounded half asleep). When he finally answered the second time I called, he would do nothing to help. It certainly appears to be a crappy little motel. The guests appeared to be of the same caliber. Its not in the greatest area. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place is terrible. Don't stay here! My boyfriend travels to San Bruno often for business, but his usual place was booked so we tried this one out because it is close to his office. Big mistake. The bed was hard and lumpy, and the pillows were a joke - the flattest, most beat up pillows I've ever seen. The room is outdated with old mismatched furniture. The carpet is torn and smells funny. There was hair in the bathroom from previous occupants. The towels are old, tiny, and scratchy. All the rooms face a very noisy street and the windows do not block out any of the sounds. I don't mind staying in budget hotels as long as they are clean, comfortable, and quiet. But this is not that! I would definitely choose Motel 6 over this place, any day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brewerton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The room was small and the rug was old, dirty and worn. The towels were small and thin. The reception area was in a small room behind bullet proof glass. To their credit the sheets were clean and crisp but the bed spread was old and worn. The only way to the second floor was an outside stairway that made it difficult to get our heavy lugage to our room.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel as I did after the first night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel thinking it will be a decent, inexpensive option. Tough luck though - I had the most harrowing time dealing with the owners. I had booked for 3 nights and the owner would not cancel my third night even though I asked her for the cancellation well within their stated 2 hrs cancellation policy! She actually refused the refund! Finally, when I could manage to get them to cancel without a penalty, they refused to give me a receipt for my stay, hanging up on me and talking in the most offensive manner possible.

The rooms bare, gloomy and dull. Your stay will be okay-ish if you don't have any issues. But if you have any problem at all, don't trust the owners to help you at all. I get the sense they'll cheat you if they can.

Room Tip: Don's choose this place!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bayhill Inn? Share your experiences!