“A place to sleep” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 32 hotels in San Bernardino
Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
“A place to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We, my wife and I, stayed at the Best Western Hospitality Lane on April 30, 2013. The hotel is getting kind of old and is showing it's age. When you close the door, you can see light around the edges. They were repainting the railings when we were there and it was difficult to find a way around the workers. They have some kind of motion sensor lights in the room. In our room, the light decided to go on every two and a half hours all night long. Not fun waking up to a well lit room in the middle of the night!
On the positive side the staff at the front desk were very nice. If I have a choice, I will not stay at this hotel again, there are a lot of better hotels in the area. I would be willing to pay a little more not to be waking up in the middle of the night with the lights on!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
bwhl, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Lane, responded to this review, May 9, 2013

The sensor lights were installed by Southern California Edison to save energy, we agree with what you are saying, they are annoying, the hotel staff is in progress of turning them off.

I understand you feel the hotel is looking dated, this is why we are in progress of painting and doing other work to refresh the property. I do apologize if this had affected your stay, and have forwarded your comments to the painters supervisors.

I do appreciate you and the business and I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Moses Lake, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We returned here after a pleasant stay last year. Room was clean again, front desk service was mediocre and the breakfast was ok. Good spot for overnight stay. I would stay here again probably but would check out the competition first.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
bwhl, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Lane, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Baiting Hollow,NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Suprised to see roaches there- all luggage is now outside for careful inspection. Stayed here before and did not see this problem. Will have to reconsider before coming back. Staff and amenities were great- only issue was the bugs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
bwhl, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Lane, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You had 2 rooms one being room 241 which you had no issues with and the other being room 215 which you stated you found a bug in the room. A review was already written on April 22, 2013 in regards to the bug. I assure you this is not typical in our hotel, In fact we have had no other concerns reported and we have taken corrective measure. Please know I responded to the below review "Islandeyes" for the same room same concern.

Sincerely R. Jones
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Ok, so I read all of the rave reviews on tripadvisor and decided to give this hotel a try on our one night stay in the area. I received a great rate through hotels.com, and was looking forward to a nice stay. I have stayed in Best Westerns all over the country, and I had become accustomed to fair prices and good customer service.

However, upon my arrival Jessica checked me in. I did not find her customer service skills to be above average--which was fine, because we were only staying for one night. She barely spoke at all. She communicated more with the girl that was coming in for her shift that she did with me. The next morning, as we prepare to check out and gather out belongings, a GIANT COCKROACH APPEARED FROM THE HAND TOWEL IN THE BATHROOM AND ALMOST CRAWLED ALL OVER US. Needless to say, we left post-haste!

I took a picture and showed it to Jessica on my way out. I guess roaches are not as offensive to some people as they are to me. She seemed unfazed, almost smiling as I showed her our "visitor" that morning. Nothing is funny about a roach, and as big as it was, I knew there were more just waiting for us to leave so they could go about their business! She mumbled out an "oh...sorry..." and shrugged her shoulders. Um, customer service, please? I really expected more sincerity for this issue.

Anyway, I'm not here to minimize anyone else's experience, But, I would definitely not stay here again, not only because of the pest issue, but because of the indifference and lack of concern from staff member Jessica. See my little visitor in the picture attached.

Bye, Best Western. You'll never see me again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
bwhl, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Lane, responded to this review, April 23, 2013

We take our job and hotel seriously. The room you were in was inspected by our pest control, we conducted a preventive maintenance and deep cleaning of each and every room. I keep logs of pest control and the preventive on all rooms. This is not a normal concern in regards to pests in our hotel.

As far as customer service Jessica get the most positive reponses from our guests, I have shared this information with her and she sincerely apologizes, she felt in no way was she was not paying attention to her guest. Jessica has done a great job for us and we do appreciate her dedication to the company.

Spanaway, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We arrived around 8:00 PM Saturday night thinking that we had made reservations on line for that evening. Come to find out we had made a mistake and our reservation was for Sunday night. The place was booked solid due to NASCAR being in town. We went and cancelled our room for Sunday night thinking we would be sleeping in the car with 2 small dogs. What a dreadful thought that was. We were about to leave and I went back inside to see if they had a restroom I could use. Jessica at the front desk said she was hoping I would come back in. She knew how defestated I was when I walked out the door. She informed me that she had what they call an emergency room. I said this is just that. She probably saved our lives because I probably would have fallen asleep while driving..... THANK YOU JESSICA Sorry it took me so long to write this review

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
bwhl, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hospitality Lane, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments, we appreciate it. I was very happy to hear that Jessica took care of you. "KUDOS JESSICA" We hope to see you again.

Fallon, Nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at this Western while visiting San Bernardino. It was lovely.

I drove in from Phoenix and arrived early, but it wasn't an issue. Rebecca assured me that my room was ready. She was very courteous and extremely professional.

The rooms were extremely clean. I have worked in the hospitality industry my entire adult life, so when I check into a hotel room it gets the 100 point inspection...this one passed with flying colors!

I stayed for 2 nights and whenever I encountered a member of the staff they went out of their way to be friendly, and helpful.

Whenever I come to San Bernardino I will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. Our goal is to lead the industry with superior customer care, we want your stay to always be a pleasant one. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

R. Jones

Been to BEST WESTERN Hospitality Lane? Share your experiences!