“Scared For My Life” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 32 hotels in San Bernardino
Los Angeles, California
“Scared For My Life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I am a hearty traveler and camper, so are my children, but this place scared the crap out of us. I am a small woman who stayed here with 3 children, unplanned, on our way home from Phoenix to Los Angeles, when I got tired. I should have kept driving. My 10 year old son was so scared, he stayed awake the entire night. My 12 year old daughter set an alarm to wake up every hour to look out the window to see if our truck was still there. The security guard creeped me out. I started to wish I carried a firearm or a large knife, maybe some bear mace. The lady at the desk at night check-in was really normal and friendly. I can't figure out why she works there. There was hair all over the place. I don't think the room had been cleaned in a very long time. I slept with all my clothes on, on my back, so my face wouldn't touch anything.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Northern Calif
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Not expecting much from Motel 6, cross country trip, needed a place to crash for one night- BUT this is RIDICULOUS. BIG freakin' cockroaches,,,,

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2008

I recently stayed at this facility twice. The first stay was okay, but the second time, I got a room with a malfunctioning shower and a door that wouldn't close right. I reported both to the front desk and was assured they'd be taken care of... which they never were. And on the last night of my stay, several of my belongings were stolen... they claim the door was not forced, and despite the police confirming it not latching properly the motel claims they are not liable because there was "no negligence"...

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Maintenance and Service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Psyopticon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Right from the get go... This place was horrible... When booking the room, I was asked "May I see your ID?"... I handed it over, then the attendant walked over to a copy machine and copied it... I didn't really think much of it. Then she asked "How many guests will be staying?" .. I said 1 other.. And she told me she would need to see the other persons ID before she could give me a room..............

So I go back to the car grab my friend and show her my friends ID... She copies that one as well... When my friend asked her why she needed out ID's... The lady at the desk said "Security Reasons..." and that was it... After my friend asked that, this ladies attitude went straight down hill as if we did something wrong or were about to do something wrong... She then went into a long speech about evicting us without a refund if we bring ANYONE into the room after 10pm... 1. Why would it matter if someone came over and they were quiet? 2. Would you really barge in on someone's room if you SUSPECT they may have someone else in there?

Anyways, we finally get out room and we weren't expecting much... We just needed a place to crash for the night... But, we got a complete dive of a room... First, there was ONE towel... In a two bed room... Second, There was hair all over the place... Third, there were used make up products on the side of one of the beds from probably a previous occupant... The list goes on... There was not even a little bottle of shampoo, and from what I remember, EVERY motel/hotel I've ever been to, has supplied those...

We did recieve a call around 3am which woke us up... When I answered it... They hung up... Was this the front desk? Who knows really, but with all the things wrong with the room and that ladies attitude, anything could be possible.

And so, I leave you now with the WORST part about this entire motel as a whole... While we were packing up, my friend said "Hey, look under the bed to make sure we didn't drop anything." I look under the bed and what do I see? A SOILED BABY DIAPER... RIGHT THERE!... When I checked out, I notified the lady at the desk, (Who was a different person now since it was morning, and I hoped this one was going to be a bit more kind, but no..) and she said "Really? Your in 203? That's weird, the one that cleans that is our best maid..." ... Apparently not... And what really irritated me completely about this was that I did not even recieve a "Sorry."

This is by far the worst motel you could ever stay at. Horrible employees, horrible service, horrible room... STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — That there was a Soiled diaper under my bed, and the lady at the front desk didn't even say sorry.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 San Bernardino South? Share your experiences!