I stayed at this Hilton for 2 nights in February 2013. I asked for a room far from the elevators and vending machines and got a room on the third floor that was very quiet (it also did not face the highway).
Bed was a bit too saggy for me; usually Hiltons have newer/firmer mattresses on their beds but as others have remarked, this property is a bit older. There was also a clear cigarette-caused hole larger than the size of a quarter in the blanket I used instead of the comforter; it didn't really bother me but was definitely noticeable. Other than that, everything else in the room was fine - controllable thermostat, mini-fridge, both wired and wireless Internet (ask for the guest code when you check in), good water pressure in the shower, clean.
I also used the fitness room one morning; conveniently, it's open 24 hours.
The buffet breakfast was included for my stay but I believe that's not part of the standard room fare. It was very good, including a selection of hot items (eggs, sausages, oatmeal, something sweet such as French toast or bread pudding), breads and pastries, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt.
I didn't use room service or eat at any of the nearby restaurants, but this hotel is not in any kind of eating out strip - the restaurants that you could walk to are all chains.
I had very pleasant interactions with the front desk, including my last morning when I needed to alter my travel arrangements at the last moment (the front desk person helped me check taxi fares to a different airport),
I agree with other commenters that in terms of furnishings, this seems a bit below par for a Hilton, but for what I needed - a good breakfast and a quiet place to sleep - it was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel San Bernardino is located on the aptly named Hospitality Lane, due to its convenient freeway access and abundance of great dining options simply the best place to stay and dine in San Bernardino. You won't go hungry (or thirsty!) on-site either with our great breakfast service, restaurant, and bar. Services like free WiFi, free parking, ample meeting space, along with our friendly staff make for an unforgettable stay and great value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your The Hotel San Bernardino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Bernardino Hotel San Bernardino
- Hilton Hotel San Bernardino
- San Bernardino Hilton