I stayed at this Hilton for 2 nights in February 2013. I asked for a room far from the elevators and vending machines and got a room on the third floor that was very quiet (it also did not face the highway).
Bed was a bit too saggy for me; usually Hiltons have newer/firmer mattresses on their beds but as others have remarked, this property is a bit older. There was also a clear cigarette-caused hole larger than the size of a quarter in the blanket I used instead of the comforter; it didn't really bother me but was definitely noticeable. Other than that, everything else in the room was fine - controllable thermostat, mini-fridge, both wired and wireless Internet (ask for the guest code when you check in), good water pressure in the shower, clean.
I also used the fitness room one morning; conveniently, it's open 24 hours.
The buffet breakfast was included for my stay but I believe that's not part of the standard room fare. It was very good, including a selection of hot items (eggs, sausages, oatmeal, something sweet such as French toast or bread pudding), breads and pastries, cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt.
I didn't use room service or eat at any of the nearby restaurants, but this hotel is not in any kind of eating out strip - the restaurants that you could walk to are all chains.
I had very pleasant interactions with the front desk, including my last morning when I needed to alter my travel arrangements at the last moment (the front desk person helped me check taxi fares to a different airport),
I agree with other commenters that in terms of furnishings, this seems a bit below par for a Hilton, but for what I needed - a good breakfast and a quiet place to sleep - it was fine.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Bernardino Hotel San Bernardino
- Hilton San Bernardino Hotel
- Hilton Hotel San Bernardino
- San Bernardino Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton San Bernardino at Waterman Avenue, the only Full Service hotel in San Bernardino, is the perfect place to stay when exploring the many attractions of Southern California. Our Hilton hotel is half an hour from San Bernardino Mountain resorts of Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear. Forty five minutes south brings you to the sandy beaches of Newport Beach and Huntington Beach. Disneyland® and Knotts Berry Farm are even closer.The Hilton Hotel San Bernardino California is merely 20 freeway minutes from the Ontario International Airport (ONT) and the famous Ontario Mills outlet mall. Business travelers will be delighted to find themselves convenient to the surrounding cities of Redlands, Loma Linda and Colton. ESRI, Loma Linda University Medical Center, University of Redlands, and San Bernardino International Airport are virtually on the doorstep. San Bernardino is also home to Cal State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) and just a short drive from the University of California at Riverside (UCR).Rooms at Hilton San Bernardino hotel in California feature up-to-the-minute amenities including:Large work desk Two-line telephones with data port and voice mail High-speed Internet access in each guest room, all meeting rooms and the Hilton hotel lobby. Rooms renovated from top to bottom in 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hilton San Bernardino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.