“Comfort with Nice Touches” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel San Bernardino

You added The Hotel San Bernardino to your Saves list
The Hotel San Bernardino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   285 East Hospitality Lane, San Bernardino, CA 92408-3411 (Formerly Hilton San Bernardino)   |
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Jerusalem, Israel
“Comfort with Nice Touches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

After a very long trip from abroad, we enjoyed a warm welcome and got a great night's sleep in the spacious, comfortable, spotless room. The reasonably priced breakfast provided lots of choices, and even though it was raining, I enjoyed the heated outdoor pool. I would be pleased to stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Location of the hotel is very poor, and the customer service is equally awful. Upon checking in was told that I was to be rebooked to the Best Western for the first 2 nights of my stay. Very disrepectful customer service as they did not give me any indication of the potential issue until I was in the hotel lobby checking in after traveling across the country to get to California.

Would recommend Embassy Suites or any of the Marriotts in the area over this Hilton.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hiltonsanbmgmt, Director of Sales at The Hotel San Bernardino, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your feedback of your recent experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience of being relocated due to unforeseen circumstances at our property. The service you received while relocating are not typical of our hotel and we have addressed it with our staff in order to improve this in the future. Thank you again for your review.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nothing special here at all, hotel is tired and has nothing special at all to offer. Construction outside makes this place less than desirable. Time to remodel this one. The breakfast at this hotel is about the only decent offering. As a diamond member I expected better but the status was barely recognized, no extras here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Feedback from our guests is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Toledo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This San Bern hotel was recomended while in Cali for meetings at Loma Linda University. Great location for hospital, no shuttle though. Bell/Desk staff very helpful and friendly, fresh fruit nice touch, healthy snack! Rooms are a bit dated but clean. Beds comfy. Good working space and secure power outlets.There is construction on pipes at street think that contributed to some air in the water lines and some initial black cloudy water, would not recommend drinking. H20 saving toilet, gurgles a lot and low setting Did not have any meals here, can't help there. Empty tray from meal placed in hall, stayed there for over 15 hours, never a nice thing. Housekeeping not very visible but halls/common areas clean (other than dinner/room service trays). A lot of events held here, so you know its a popular place! Would for sure stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
El Sobrante, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

, front desk was unresponsive, don't think anybody really even cared. Terrible nights stay. The room decor looked like it was stuck in the 70's. That was OK but the fact that I had no heat and asked for someone to come up and check it out and no one did really ired me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hiltonsanbmgmt, Director of Sales at The Hotel San Bernardino, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Kathy,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issue you encountered with heating your room during your recent stay with us. We are sorry for the delay in service and for any discomfort this issue may have caused you. Please know that our maintenance team has addressed and corrected the problem and we will work harder to prevent similar issues moving forward. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to provide the best in comfort and service and your comments will help us to reach this goal.

Judy
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It is all about the details. I knew I would enjoy this hotel when I found the rubber ducky on the edge of my bathtub. With that being said, the rooms are spacious, clean, and have PLENTY of power outlets in convienent locations (lamp plugs by the bed, at the desk, and they aren't loose from being used all the time). The Peter Thomas Roth toiletries are awesome.

The restaurant, bar and room service is delicious. I did have one night when my room service took an hour to arrive instead of the 25-30 minutes I was told.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
San DIego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great dining options nearby, in-hotel restaurant and in-room options. Major oversight with in-room breakfast not showing up. That really caused a stressful morning as I had to report to an all-day class, potentially with no food to start my day. Staff got something to me as soon as I called with my concern, unfortunately the food was not placed in a "to go" bag and I had to leave some of it behind as I did not have time to eat.
Otherwise, nice hotel, friendly staff, good service and ammenities. Nice bed, quiet room.
I'd stay there again on the hope that this service issue was just a one-time human error.

Room Tip: It was quiet facing Hospitality Lane.