“Not what I expected from La Quinta” 2 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn San Bernardino
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   205 East Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408-3411   |
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Not what I expected from La Quinta”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

It was $75 on priceline. Fine. Not a bad price.
Much futher from Universal Studios than I had anticipated. Plenty of places to eat near by.
The breakfast is only continental and had less than they had told me they would. Whatever, we were only there to sleep. We slept. We left. Wont stay again. I love La Quinta and will do better homework next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had to go to the nearby town of Redlands on short notice, and since I have had (mostly) good luck with other LQ's in the west I decided to try this one.

Driving in, I was a bit concerned about the somewhat shaggy appearance of the establishment, and the questionable neighborhood. But I found the checkin process prompt and efficient--in fact, they got me checked in a bit early so I'd have time to shower, etc. before my function in the afternoon.

The room was thoughtfully designed, with a separate bathroom area and spacious writing area. Comfortable bed. I found the room to be well-maintained and very clean, unlike it surroundings.

I didn't use the pool, but it looked nice and was well-occupied by other guests.

Unlike most LQ's designed like this, this one has an elevator for easy access to upper-floor rooms.

Breakfast area was mediocre; I found myself longing for the IHOP next door instead.

All in all, a nice place to stay and I was happy to have been their guest for one night, July 20-21, 2013. I look forward to staying there again should I ever find myself in the Inland Empire area again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Big Bear Lake CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Long day travelling and stopped at the La Quinta Inn in San Bernardino. Clean rooms, quite location and restaurants around the hotel which made things easier for us. I would suggest that they might want to add something else to their breakfast menu/options at this La Quinta since I do stay at La Quinta's when I can

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed for two nights each was excellent. Room was quite and very comfortable. Service was excellent also, check out took less then 5 minutes. Good location for my purposes. I will definitely stay here agai. When the need arises.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Checked in and the lady I think her name was Bernadette was extremely rude. I had called to confirm a reservation for a non-smoking room. Also when checking in we asked again to assure the room was non-smoking. I get headaches and asthmatic even from third hand smoke from a confined room or area. We walked and checked out the first room given to us and it wreaked of the smell of smoke. I then went to check the shower area out and the light didn't even turn on.
We then went back to the check out counter and asked for a different room. The receptionist stated all rooms are like that and we can't guarantee they aren't smoked in. Which we stated that the maid who cleans the room after a guest should be able to smell that the room had been smoked in; and that the receptionists should charge a cleaning fee for extra cleaning due to not following the rules in a non-smoking room. She also said there were no other rooms non-smoking but then later said that she had a few king size rooms, but there would be an up-charge. We had 4 people in our party and 1 king size bed was not enough. So we checked out another non-smoking room to see if maybe cleaned it better and no smell. Walked in that room still smelt like smoke but not as bad but the smell of musty body funk fumigated the room.
Then went back to the counter and insisted non-smoking rooms and wanted to talk to a manager. The receptionist stated there wasn't a manager available. Myself being a manager knows that all managers are always on call. The receptionist may not be able to accommodate giving 2 king beds for the price of one 2 double bed room but the manager should at least know what's going on so they don't loose business also to let them know of the unclean smelling and unmaintained rooms. We decided to check out a smoking room to see maybe it was cleaned better, and the same smell of smoke fumigated the room. By this time we just were fed up with the less then accommodating/rude receptionist and her lack of ability to call a manager or general manager to inform them of the cleanliness of the facility we check out and left.
After looking into 3 different rooms and all of them smelling of smoke and filthy dirty smell we had the inconvenience of leaving and having to find another place to stay. Mind you we had another family member we were meeting up with at this hotel for a family reunion that also experienced the same rudeness but decided to stay here since he had booked months in advance and got a great deal and he is elderly. If he would have left he would have had to pay much more for last minute reservations. Photos here are deceiving of the actual dirty smell of several of the rooms. This hotel needs carpets and walls cleaned and everything in between updated. Find another hotel~!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

this hotel is the oldest of all units recently stayed at. It could use some TLC. Some of the other customers were loud and gave us some concern. Overall,the service was fine. The next time we travel n the southwest we may try the hotel in moreno valley,ca.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have had a regular sized room, the bed was quite smaller then the ones we usually have my husbands 6'3 feet hang off, which usually doesn't happen, the breakfast was good, I don't know why we are getting clean rooms lately but there is something happening that in the ones we have stayed lately the rooms aren't that clean, we have a service animal so that might be why since we would have to be in a pet room but in all technicality we do not need to be in one due to our dog being a service animal, he is allowed were every one is allowed to be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!