We stayed here enroute from Disneyland to the Grand Canyon and really had a great experience. The motel is well located for this journey as it allows you get get a head start on the traffic. The downside is that the highway here is pretty busy with trucks all night, so luckily the noisy old box airconditioner drowns all that out!
The rooms are modestly sized, but quite comfortable. The bathrooms look like originals and are nicely done with a touch of art deco about them. The great thing is taht you can park right next to your wigwam and load stuff in and out easily.
The property is nicely maintained and the pool is small but good. There is a nice grassy area near the pool to have a bbq or just sit and admire the bizzare wigwam shapes of the motel.
There isnt a restaurant but the motel owners directed us to a great diner about a mile away. In the morning they put on free coffee and had a selection of museli bars for the trip. They also have a small gift shop of Route 66 memorabilia.
Our 2 kids found this place to be a blast and so did we. It wasnt expensive but it was fun. The area its located in is a bit run down, but not as bad as I was led to believe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Route 66! One of the few remaining classic motels. This family-fun roadside attraction was built in 1949 and has undergone a renovation phase. The motel offers a complete guest room in a peculiar fashion of actual wigwam units. The motel comprises of all the standard hotel amenities and even includes free Wi-Fi connection! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Wigwam Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wigwam Hotel San Bernardino
- Wigwam Motel San Bernardino