“A budget motel - not worth the price” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 32 hotels in San Bernardino
Murrieta, California
“A budget motel - not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here for business. Although the front dest staff was very friendly and the room seemed clean, my t.v. remote was broken, the desk chair was shredded (see picture) and had been pushed into the corner of the room, the flush handle on the toilet was broken, the toilet ran constantly and the worst of it was the bar of soap that was set on the tub for the shower had been used ... there was a pubic hair stuck to it!

Housekeeping should have noticed all of these things and had them fixed.

Also there was a loud buzzing noise - not sure where it came from, perhaps a sodium vapor light outside of the room (room 138).

I do NOT recommend this hotel. I don't know how much it cost my employer but it would have been worth the extra money to stay across the street at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

There are other hotels and motels in the area that have to be better than this one. Pay more for the Garden Inn across the street or less for ther Days Inn down the block. Both have to be better than this. All the public areas are chipped, peeling or falling apart. I was approached twice by people asking me for money.
At check-in there were three people in line with the two in front of me taking a long time. Racquel worked dilegently to get us checked in while another woman sat with her back to the counter and had a long, laughing conversation with someone. When she did turn around and see the line, she just when back to some paperwork that I'm sure could have waited.
The room looked fine at first, but when getting into bed at night, I noticed some type of little blue stain on the sheets under the pillows, where the maid must have seen it when placing the pillows. To top it off, the toilet backed up in the morning.
The breakfast has a few hot items and is okay.
Spend more money or less, but do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose another peoperty if you want a good room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RamsFan99, General Manager at Quality Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our property and we apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. The exterior of our property is currently being worked on with walkway carpeting being replaced and exterior walls being repainted. Our front desk is very courteous and usually we have only one person working the desk, the other person was a hotel employee but not on the clock nor trained to check people in. We are sorry for that inconvenience. Unfortunately things like toilets malfunction time to time and we are very quick to fix those items, a quick call down to the front desk will take care of it. We do our best to provide a great stay for our guests and we hope you will give us another chance.
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was pushed to my by Hotel.com operator instead of the Hilton Garden Inn across the street I had wanted. They said it is rated the same but is cheaper. The front desk gal was nice and professional. The walk up to the room reveal that not a lot of updating has happened for a decade. The landings on the stair well had holes worn through the indoor outdoor carpet that were 3 foot across. My room had a funky smell, a window that wouldn't close and a dinner plate sized plaster chip off the wall. There was a larger repainted chip off the wall in the bathroom. The room was clean but the tub drain was very slow. The hotel was near empty and quiet on a Memorial Day weekend. If $20 matters this might be for you. Next time I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding our property. We are very sorry your stay was not satisfactory. Regarding the exterior walkway carpet, we had ordered that many months ago and unfortunately were not able to get it fixed before your stay. The carpet is currently being replaced and will be finished within the next few weeks. Our maintenance staff works diligently to make sure all rooms are well taken care of, the drain in the tub is working fine as well as the window. We hope you give our property another try.
Riverdale, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Family stayed at the Quality Inn on a recent trip to So Cal. This hotel is very good for the price we paid. The rooms are very nice, the lobby and pool were very well kept and there were repairs being done to some of the walkways and stairways. For $80/night we got two Queen beds (normally hard to find bigger beds) and got a nice breakfast. The room had a frig, microwave, hair dryer and iron. The kids loved the pool and the area is very quiet. For a family on a budget, the price for what we got was outstanding. Happy to return on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Corona, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed here on 2 occasions..first time was in January...there were several homeless people walking around begging me for money and quite scary..I felt very uncomfortable with that..in addition, there were drug dealer looking type of partyers bbq'ing outside in front of the motel. On a positive note, the front desk girls are always friendly and very nice at this motel.
2nd time I stayed was recently. My room was on the 2nd floor but I couldn't use the stairs closest to my room because the stairway appeared collapsed and taped off with CAUTION tape..a little scary about the stability of the motel. In addition, there was dog poo on the grass near where I parked. The "carpet" in the hallways leading up to the rooms are all torn apart and appear 30-40 years old. This place reminds me of a motel that people pay by the hour for criminal activity. For your own safety and comfort, I would avoid this place!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We visit family regularly, at least 4 times a month, and we stay at this property every time. The staff is courteous, helpful, and very responsive to our needs whether it be an additional pillow or another room key. The rooms feature marble counter tops, nice firm mattresses, a flat screen tv, and high speed wireless internet. The lobby includes a pc, breakfast area-included at no additional charge, along with sofas and an open meeting area. In terms of food, Sizzler shares the parking lot and hospitality lane includes numerous restaurants all within walking distance. In terms of health clubs, 24 hour fitness is 1/2 mile away and LA Fitness is about 10 miles away, so plenty of options.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone, for any occasion, for any time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
NorCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

On a more recent visit stayed at the Quality Inn San Bernardino again. I looked at other hotels in the area and for the price, this place cant be beat. I paid $75/night and got a great comfortable bed, free breakfast (eggs, sausage also) and free Internet. By the way, the Internet speed screams. Got a morning paper to check the sports scores and you get to workout at the 24 hour fitness down the street for free. The place is located in the best part of San Bernardino down by where all the restaurants are at. The staff was friendly once again and I really enjoyed my stay. Will stay here again on my next trip down.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!