“Sad and dated” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 hotels in San Bernardino
Santa Rosa, California
“Sad and dated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel was pushed to my by Hotel.com operator instead of the Hilton Garden Inn across the street I had wanted. They said it is rated the same but is cheaper. The front desk gal was nice and professional. The walk up to the room reveal that not a lot of updating has happened for a decade. The landings on the stair well had holes worn through the indoor outdoor carpet that were 3 foot across. My room had a funky smell, a window that wouldn't close and a dinner plate sized plaster chip off the wall. There was a larger repainted chip off the wall in the bathroom. The room was clean but the tub drain was very slow. The hotel was near empty and quiet on a Memorial Day weekend. If $20 matters this might be for you. Next time I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
RamsFan99, General Manager at Quality Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our property. We are very sorry your stay was not satisfactory. Regarding the exterior walkway carpet, we had ordered that many months ago and unfortunately were not able to get it fixed before your stay. The carpet is currently being replaced and will be finished within the next few weeks. Our maintenance staff works diligently to make sure all rooms are well taken care of, the drain in the tub is working fine as well as the window. We hope you give our property another try.

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Riverdale, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Family stayed at the Quality Inn on a recent trip to So Cal. This hotel is very good for the price we paid. The rooms are very nice, the lobby and pool were very well kept and there were repairs being done to some of the walkways and stairways. For $80/night we got two Queen beds (normally hard to find bigger beds) and got a nice breakfast. The room had a frig, microwave, hair dryer and iron. The kids loved the pool and the area is very quiet. For a family on a budget, the price for what we got was outstanding. Happy to return on our next visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Corona, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed here on 2 occasions..first time was in January...there were several homeless people walking around begging me for money and quite scary..I felt very uncomfortable with that..in addition, there were drug dealer looking type of partyers bbq'ing outside in front of the motel. On a positive note, the front desk girls are always friendly and very nice at this motel.
2nd time I stayed was recently. My room was on the 2nd floor but I couldn't use the stairs closest to my room because the stairway appeared collapsed and taped off with CAUTION tape..a little scary about the stability of the motel. In addition, there was dog poo on the grass near where I parked. The "carpet" in the hallways leading up to the rooms are all torn apart and appear 30-40 years old. This place reminds me of a motel that people pay by the hour for criminal activity. For your own safety and comfort, I would avoid this place!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We visit family regularly, at least 4 times a month, and we stay at this property every time. The staff is courteous, helpful, and very responsive to our needs whether it be an additional pillow or another room key. The rooms feature marble counter tops, nice firm mattresses, a flat screen tv, and high speed wireless internet. The lobby includes a pc, breakfast area-included at no additional charge, along with sofas and an open meeting area. In terms of food, Sizzler shares the parking lot and hospitality lane includes numerous restaurants all within walking distance. In terms of health clubs, 24 hour fitness is 1/2 mile away and LA Fitness is about 10 miles away, so plenty of options.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone, for any occasion, for any time.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
NorCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

On a more recent visit stayed at the Quality Inn San Bernardino again. I looked at other hotels in the area and for the price, this place cant be beat. I paid $75/night and got a great comfortable bed, free breakfast (eggs, sausage also) and free Internet. By the way, the Internet speed screams. Got a morning paper to check the sports scores and you get to workout at the 24 hour fitness down the street for free. The place is located in the best part of San Bernardino down by where all the restaurants are at. The staff was friendly once again and I really enjoyed my stay. Will stay here again on my next trip down.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Have stayed at this hotel before, however seems like it has went a little downhill. My room had cigarette burns on the bedspread, room was clean, but had no TV channel guide. Exterior needs a little maintenance, room rate good, this is definitely a good value but seems like a lot of cost cutting has went on in the last year. Breakfast OK but needs a little upgrade on selection. Is away from the freeway noise.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

We have stayed at several motels in this area over the past year and this is one of the best in the area. Much safer and cleaner than the Super 8 and Best Western down the street. Quiet area, secure and comfortable. The staff is always helpful. The rooms are a little heavy on air freshener but it seems like that happens at every motel we have stayed at lately.
Close to many resturants, short drive to stores and hospital.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!