“Friendly and helpful staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
San Bernardino, California
“Friendly and helpful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

The location is near restaurants and close to the freeway. It is a good place to stay in SB. Guests have access to a computer.
It is clean.
There is a nice BBQ area where guests gather.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Laura is the best!!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Marriott Residence Inn in San Bernardino off and on for 15 months because of work. The staff there is above-average. Laura, Kelly, Josie, Pedro, Margie, Marianna, Myra and Sandy are all amazing. They went above and beyond to accommodate both me and my dog, including checking in on her when I needed to work extra hours. The front desk staff became a second family to me. The rooms were comfortable, the housekeeping staff was great, and the overall stay didn't feel like I was away from home but more like I was at my "other" home.
I never had an issue with deliveries, adjustments, or anything else. While the breakfast and dinner selections were just okay, I had the equipment needed to cook for myself so it was never an issue. Plus there are so many dining options nearby that I never went hungry.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone that needed a place to stay, whether short-term or long.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have stayed at Residence Inn about 5 times in the last year or so. They have recently updated the common areas and rooms. It is very tasteful, modern and very clean throughout. But let's be real many Hotels are these days. What really sets this Hotel apart from others in the area is the Customer Service. From the time I walked in the door, I was greeted by name with a big genuine smile. That may not seem like a big deal, but I had not been here in about 6 months. Laura was quick to recognize me and make me feel more than welcome. Through my stay, Marjorie did the same and made me feel welcome each day when I returned from work. Sandy K, the Director of Sales, made sure we chatted daily and that my stay was absolutely perfect! They wouldn't settle for anything less. She is a true gem. The entire staff is like this. It is obvious that Marianne, (I hope I spelled that right) the General Manager has put together and outstanding team. Listen, I am taking a moment on a Saturday to write this review because I want everyone to know what a great week I had there. If you are anywhere in the San Bernardino area, this is the only place to stay. I am a business traveler and stay in hotels about 30% of my life. I wish half of my experiences were this good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Night Team: Tammy & Pedro
Excellent Service by this Team. If your looking for a peaceful place to stay at, this is your spot! The staff are warm & relational. The rooms are updated, great decor. We are from out of state & needed a place close to LOMA Linda Hospital that would accomdate us because we spend majority of days in the ICU unit with our love ones. We appreciate ALL the help & SMILES after a long day at the Hospital. I would recommmend this place!

Room Tip: They have Hospital Rates for those with family in Loma Linda Hospital :)
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The staff are warm and always ready with a smile and a greeting. The hotel is being renovated but the activity isn't obtrusive. The old rooms are still nice but the remodeled rooms are great with glass cook tops and new appliances being installed. The rooms are pretty large. Not all of the rooms have an oven though. If you need one you should probably ask. I've been here 4 times and will continue to come back.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have been renovated already. If you really need an oven you should ask if your r...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Castle Rock, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I am a platinum Marriott guy and will chose another brand when I am in Redlands to avoid this place. Didn't get any sleep the whole time we were there.

Pros
Great location
Good service and friendly staff
The free breakfast is good

Cons
Beds are torture devices. Old mattresses that can't support two people.
Our bathroom was filthy when we checked in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Marjorie C, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Alan_Castle_Rock,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us in January. I am disappointed to hear that you had an unpleasant time, but can assure you that your negative experience is not the standard here at the Residence Inn San Bernardino and I am so sorry you were affected in this way. Your comments are very important in helping us improve our services and I would be happy to have another opportunity to change your mind about our hotel. Please give me a call the next time you visit the area and I will personally ensure your stay will be comfortable and satisfactory.

Marjorie Culley
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Easy on/off interstate, area well lighted and close to restaurants, property well maintained. Front desk staff very pleasant and helpful, room VERY spacious and clean. Remodeling in progress but must be occurring during the day because our stayed was not disrupted with noise, etc. Extra fee for dog was $100, which we felt was quite high, but considering we had been traveling for several days we stayed in order to get a good night's rest. We would stay here again, even paying the extra fee for our dog.....he is worth it. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!