“Worst Experience Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
San Bernardino, California, USA
“Worst Experience Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Made a 7:30 pm reservation for 12, a week in advance, for my daughter's birthday. Arrived at 7:15 and were told they would set our table up, it would be ready in 5 minutes. Went back to check at 7:40 and they hadn't set up the table yet. Went back at 7:50 and they still weren't finished, they would make sure there was silverware on the table and come get us. 8:00 we are finally being seated, after 45 minutes, with a reservation. Mind you, I had purchased their $25 "club card" the week before and should have received priority seating and a private party table. We were seated in the middle of the room and were told it would be 30 additional minutes if we wanted the private table. I asked what the benefit of actually making a reservation was, especially after purchasing their card. He apologized and offered us a free appetizer.

Some of our party had canceled, so we ended up only having a party of 8. We ordered, our free appetizer came, and SOME of our drinks came. After reminding the waitress twice, the remaining drinks came. Good thing we had a fun group and just tried to make the best of the situation and continue our celebration. At 8:55, the salads finally came out. At 9:20, two meals came. These two people, wanting to be polite, were waiting for the rest of us to be served before starting to eat. We finally told them to eat or their food would be cold. The waitress apologized and said our steaks would be out "as soon as they're done" (duh!). Four meals came next, then finally the last two came by the time the first two people had finished eating. My daughter's steak was raw and another was wrong as well. They were too hungry and tired to send the food back. My daughter was treated to a free dessert for her birthday, bigger than what is normally brought.

Part of the club benefits include a $25 reward to be taken off your first purchase. When the check came, it did not include this credit so I asked the waitress to fix it. After 20 minutes, she came back and said she couldn't find me in the system so I just paid the bill the way it was. On our way out, a friend convinced me to complain to the manager. He was able to give me the credit as well as remove my daughter's meal from the bill. I told him I would not be visiting this establishment again. So, three and a half hours later, we were finally on our way home.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

WA, USA
“Cold Calzone but they tried to fix it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We walked to this restaurant from our hotel (La Quinta Inn). It was busy but we went to the saloon area where we were served right away. Large menu to chose from but we just wanted a quick bite so my husband ordered a personal pizza and I ordered a Calzone. We had quite a wait but our server was very nice and she let us know that a calzone takes a bit longer. When we finally got our dinner the Calzone was hot on the outside but cold on the inside. My server apologized and took it away at once to get reheated. When she brought it out again it was still lukewarm so she called the manager. He was very apologetic also and offered to make another or something else. My husband had finished his pizza at this point so I just asked for it to be reheated again as this would be quicker than a redo. Finally they got it hot and the server gave us a couple of cupcakes to take home because of all the trouble. The servers and manager were so nice, it's a shame about the food.

Visited December 2013
Riverside, CA
“Comfort Food Find”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Try the smaller portions offered to everyone, not just children and seniors, and skip the guilt of eating comfort food.. I had the chicken-fried steak, mashed potato and country gravey in the smaller size and still had more than enough to satisfy.

Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Great casual dining! Fun! Gigantic "Over the Top" Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I came to San Bernardino for breakfast and of all the places we ate, this was the most fun. They had the biggest menu I have ever seen. My wife had a liquid sm'oore made with Frangelico, Vanilla Absolute, and Godiva liquor rimmed with a sugar & gram cracker crumbs. They have a motherload cake which one slice can serve six people. Bring your appetite! The apps are like full meals and the meals can easily serve 2-4 people. We also ordered clam chowder, California pizza (wood fired), chocolate brownie, & scratch carrot cake. Everything was great! My only complaints were that one of our forks were dirty & they really push their frequent diner card. They also had to remake on of our drinks because it wasn't made properly but that wasn't a big deal accept that you could hear the bartender complaining about having to remake it. The atmosphere was nice, although they did have the televisions turned up a little loud for my taste for baseball. The overall value was pretty good. 3 drinks, 4 apps, one entree cost $55 with tip.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Much Improved from our Last Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visited here on business in October of 2013.

The service was quick and cheerful. The draft beers were ice cold and were served quickly.

I had the Claim Jumper version of the french dip sandwich. I thought it tasted great. The portions were large and the 2nd half of the sandwich made for a good breakfast the next day.

I'd come back! Thanks for the great meal!

• Visited October 2013