“Wow... and not in a good way” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn San Bernardino
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2000 Ostrems Way, San Bernardino, CA 92407   |
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Portland, OR
“Wow... and not in a good way”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Were making a cross country move and had plans to drive further this day, but I was sick and hit a wall and we saw this right off 215 so decided to stop for the night. At first I thought it would be cool-it sits on the top of a hill and overlooks a lot. But stepping into the lobby gave me the first glimpse of a terrible stay. It was very run down and the reception area looked like a back office. The gal who checked us in was either extremely tired or high, kept repeating the same questions and barely looked at us. We then walk to our room and the entire hallway reeks of weed. The hall was dark and super run down, then we got to our room and it was the same. If I hadn't been sick and in need of a bed we would have left then, now I wish we had. My husband and I both felt nervous leaving our U-Haul in the parking lot as we got a bad feeling from the area. This nervousness, combined with the constant peeling out, car door slamming, and car alarms going off lead to me checking it through the window throughout the night. If that didn't keep me up enough the slamming doors in the hallway and the sirens from the highway did... My husband luckily had earplugs for himself. The next morning we went to the breakfast which didn't have much in the way of options, and the plates they have are half the size of the waffles which makes it hard to eat them. As well as the lack of knives in the eating area, so much for spreading butter and cutting the waffle. I joked it was like prison, no knives allowed... I know I'm writing a lot, but this was truly the worst hotel experience I've had in my life and the only good thing I can say is that I was pleasantly surprised we weren't attacked by bed bugs.

Room Tip: Don't bother...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Korean first
perris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

i love this hotel ive stayed here about 7 times i go to sevral events close by and every time the staff is so nice they never brother u the price is a little high but avarage the rooms are clean it comes with every thing u need the rooms are big and have balconys i really enjoy my stay every time i go

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Ridgecrest, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

My sweetheart and I went to check into this " place " around noon and I was quickly told check in was at 3:00. That there were no rooms available. The lady working behind the counter was very rude. I did notice the parking lot was pretty EMPTY. Unless everyone staying there was dropped off, I wasn't buying her story. We left and called back at 2:00 and still nothing. Finally at 3:30 we were able to check in but was a different person. We then got to our room and it was about 85 degrees inside. Tv did not work so we called to have it fixed and they sent a person up to look at it and was unable to determine the problem and sent a second person up that looked at the same thing the. My girl and I went down to the pool for about 2 hrs and came up to find the tv repair person was just leaving the room and said he will be back with the remote but the tv works. Remote was never brought to us. Needless to say Days Inn just lost my Business.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

This property is atop a hill in North San Bernardino. Even though it is next to the 215 Freeway, it is above the road noise and has a beautiful few of the mountains to the north of the city. The room prices are less than hotels of similar quality.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

my son was stuck with no place to stay, at 12;00 am, near the college..He was getting in late from school. We live in the mountains nearby, and public transportation to the mountain valley was suspended, because of a snowstorm.. so he ended up at the final bus stop at the college, with not too much money, and in the freezing cold...I called days inn and told them of my predicament...I wanted to use my credit card, to at least give the kid some heat for the remainder of the night..The clerk told me he couldnt help me, and said he hoped i had a good night...Wow here I am, a mother in the middle of a snowstorm 50 miles away from my freezing son, and this man tells me he cant help me and to have a good night...Wow....My son just bought 5 newspapers from the circle k and is going to find a bush to sleep behind..what kind of an institution is this..is it run by humans, or someone who cant relate to freezing americans???

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

The beds were very firm so it felt like we were sleeping on a board. The bathroom showerhead was so low that we had to keep bending over to rinse our face and hair. The temperture of the water varied greatly with slight pressure of the handle.The paint was peeling and old. Found termites in the bathroom later in the evening. Rooms need to be renovated immediately. Will not stay there again.

• Liked — Close to the freeway but couldn't hear the noise
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ramona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

We wanted a place close to family in the far northeast area of SB. Normally, we avoid Days Inns since they are often in seedy areas and cater to a less savory crowd. We stayed on a Saturday night and paid AAA rate of $83.16 w/tax. Rates are lower when major events aren't scheduled. This was a better value than the Quality Inn on Waterman. Book early! The better hotels fill up due to baseball games and other events.

This hotel is on a hill, which is unlike any other DI I've seen. We requested a N/S room on the top floor and got the top center room that had a walkout balconey and a view of the mountains (and Wal-Mart). Unlike a lot of places, this non-smoking room did not smell like smoke. They require people with pets stay on the first floor in specific rooms, a very wise idea.

We slept with the patio door open and didn't have a noise problem. The room was spacious and clean. The king bed was comfortable even for my husband with a bad back. The TV was the usual small CRT with a few channels. There was a frig but no microwave. The free breakfast was unremarkable. They had miniature apples that were perfect for a two to four year old.

The only negative is that the free wifi only worked at a certain angle next to the window. The 4th floor is probably out of range for their wireless network.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor wifi on 4th floor
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!