“consistant Hilton Garden” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in San Bernardino
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
“consistant Hilton Garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

If you stay at HG's this fits the mark.The 2 girls at the desk were also very personable.
Room,Breakfast overall condition is what you expect from HG

Something to remember
The flower garden surrounding the front of the building were so fragrant some type of white rose perhaps

Something they should remember

I am old school.I want a paper at my door in the morning as a diamond member or anyone in the Hilton rewards I think should get.the last thing I will do is wake up (dont look my best with my morning attire and my I dont like lights in the morning face) and see anyone else before my coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Esequiel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Mr. Steven N,

Thank you very much for making the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. I am proud to know that our Front Desk team offered you a personable experience. Please make us aware on your next stay of your newspaper preference and you can count on us to ensure your paper is delivered every morning during your stay. Thank you for being a Diamond Member!

Best Regards,

Esequiel Munoz, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Encino, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was visiting some universities nearby and needed a central location to rest and relax between campus tours. Ryan was excellent in providing detailed directions to nearby eateries and even offered to call and make reservations for us. Upon checkout, Alaine (sp?) and Nitisha (sp?) were very helpful with my issues with needing to be at the airport very early the next day.

I like to take a deep inhale before entering a room and was pleasantly surprised to find no bad smells or odors.

Thanks to the staff and I will definitely be back the next time I'm in San Bernardino!

Stephen

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am a frequent traveler for business. For the last year I have been staying at HGI with no complaints. When I go other places there is a certain hotel I generally prefer because of certain amenities such as a free breakfast buffet, nightly reception, etc. A couple of months ago while traveling to California I decided that even though I love the staff at HGI I wanted to try my "other" hotel to get the extra amenities and because it is 5 minutes from the airport. Let me just say bad mistake. Even though the hotel was more "upscale" so to speak and had the extra "stuff", the service did not compare to HGI! I realized after my week long stay that some of those little extras don't compare to the excellent service I receive each time I go to HGI. HGI is not perfect but when something is not right they make it right. So in my eyes and after going to many different states and my "normally favorite" hotel chain, HGI in San Bernardino is by far the best overall hotel when it comes to all the things you look for in a hotel! Great staff, great service, clean rooms, good food and what I like to call "Southern Hospitality" on the west coast! I will never cheat on them again! I will ALWAYS stay at HGI when I am in San Bernardino!!!
Tiffany

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Esequiel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Ms. T Steward,

Thank you very much for your positive feed back. Although you "cheated" on us, we forgive you! The team including myself missed you while you were exploring other horizons and we are very happy that you have returned to your "home away from home" destination here in San Bernardino.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a terrible experience at this hotel. Although the decor was nice and the room was comfortable, we were kept up all morning from the loud, invasive, maid staff. The maids banged on our door (and every single other door on our floor) demanding that we pick up our dirty towels, despite our do not disturb sign, at 7:30 in the morning. After a call to the front desk, the banging stopped, yet we were forced to listen to the maids yell back and fourth to each other for another solid hour, while blaring " you dropped a bomb on me" off of their maid card. And to add insult to injury, we were insulted by the maid on the way out, thanking us for our phone call. It was unbelievable. After writing a letter to their cooperate office, they sent back a mere apology rather than the refund we were hoping for. So my advise is, save your 200 dollars and stay in another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Esequiel M, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Brandi C,

I am very sorry that you and your boyfriend were inconvinienced by a member of our housekeeping team. I can assure you that it is not our standard to interrupt our guests during their stay. The team member involved has been identified and I have personally addressed your experience with that individual. I truly hope you see this as an isolated event and I hope that you give us another opportunity to welcome you back to San Bernardino.

esequielm@dknhotels.com
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have been traveling to the area regularly for the past 12 months. I usually do not do this type of thing, but I was so impressed with the staff I wanted to do something to recognize a few of the outstanding ones I encountered. One of the staff informed me management looks at these comments, so here I am. My first stay in the area was at another hotel (which I will not name in case I get stuck there for some reason in the future) and I was disappointed by the hotel appearance and the service. I was told about the Hilton Garden Inn by a coworker. So, I decided to give the place a try.

Over the past 9 months I have stayed almost 30 days at this hotel. My first impression was positive due to the cleanliness of the hotel. What a difference from the other hotel. However, the overriding factor is the staff, and that is why I am here making these comments. My first experience at the Hilton Garden Inn was first met by Stephanie at the front desk. I was taken aback by how helpful she was, and how nice she was when helping me. Sometimes when I ask for things at hotels I feel like I am imposing, because of how busy the staff are during the day. She made me feel very comfortable to ask for little things like a few napkins from the closed kitchen, or a few extra towels. I was very impressed by her. Also, I had the pleasure of talking with Enrique at the front desk on several occasions. After a long stressful day his happy disposition was a welcome sight. After a short while he started to remember my name which impressed me. I recall one time he was getting ready to put cookies out, so I waited. He recognized I was waiting and ran back to put 2 (hot out of the oven) cookies on a napkin for me. This goes for the housekeeping staff as well. During my last trip, I had the pleasure of meeting the house cleaning person responsible for my room. Her name is Pilar. I first arrived during this trip and needed a few extra hangers and she ran some up. The attention to detail in my room did not go unnoticed. From the extra mouthwash she left me to the replaced soap in my soap dish after the first week in the hotel. I asked the front desk and they told me it was also Pilar that was the primary person taking care of my room. Lastly, the food….since I did not interact with the cooking staff I am sorry I do not know their names. They are amazing. The first hotel I stayed at had dried up scrambled eggs and other less than desirable food. And when the food ran out, you thought you were asking for the world to get more put out. However, at the Hilton Garden Inn the hot food coming out of the kitchen was always fresh and tasty. I was amazed at the options available. The price is a little high but if you have status at Hilton the food is free. One suggestion I would make. The hotel used to put coffee out after breakfast. They recently stopped this and it is disappointing. Some evenings, after a long day, I like a cup of coffee. No offense, but I never use the coffee in the rooms at any hotel, ever. I know this sounds like an advertisement, but if you have been staying in the area you know the quality of the average hotel. Being out of town so much, the amenities of a hotel can make life so much more bearable. This is definitely an above average hotel and that is due to the staff….Thank you all for making my stay a good one!

John M.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Esequiel M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear John M 2012,

I appreciate your honest feedback and I am truly honored to form part of a team that inspired you in describing your recent positive experience with us. Stephanie, Enrique, Pilar were personally acknowledged for a job well done. As to the complimentary coffee, I am happy to inform you that we have reinstated that amenity. I thank you for your loyalty and I look forward to having the pleasure in meeting you in person on your next stay with us.

Esequiel Munoz, General Manager
Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn helped me when I needed to use their business center for 5 minutes.... The Hilton down the road (on Hospitality Ln) wouldn't let me use their business center for a quick last minute task (printing a doucment for a meeting.)

The Hilton Garden Inn staff was very helpful, and let me print my doc.

THANK YOU.

Dear Jon S,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am glad that our team rendered genuine customer service by allowing you to use our Business Center even though you were not a guest. I do however look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you as a guest in the near future.

Best Regards,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My Husband and i took the kids on a mini vacation and decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, The service was great and the staff were very helpfull! The rooms are beautiful! My kids loved the pool!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Bernardino? Share your experiences!