“Slept well.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 26 hotels in Salinas
jaghomeva@yahoo.com
“Slept well.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very close to 101, and had large parking lot, which helped since I had my work trailer. There seemed to be quite a few permanent residents hanging around parking lot, so not sure whether I would stay here with my kids. However, since I was alone, it worked great for me. Close enough to shopping and dining to walk, however I would make sure it was daylight. Overall, my stay was fine, and I would stay there again if traveling alone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
EconoLodgeSalinas, Manager at Econo Lodge Salinas, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you jaghomeva for your review. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I discovered this place one night when everybody else was booked. Andy, the owner, gave me his last room at a decent price. I grew up in Salinas but lost my home when Momma died. Now, when I come to town, I stay at Econolodge. The staff is friendly and responsive. Rooms are clean and basic. WIFI works great. It's off 101 at.the Monterrey Peninsula exit, so close to Monterrey, Carmel, and the coast. Get a weekly rate.
Gary

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you gmbegood for your review. We are happy that you found a second home at the Salinas Econo Lodge. We hope that we get to see you more often in the future.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

First - many thanks to Andy who took our reservation and guaranteed us a room when we couldn't find anything else in the area that was reasonable. We arrived and not only was Andy super welcoming, but he told us where we could get a good meal, gave us the room we parked in front of - how is that for service??!! The price was right for us pennypinchers and even the staff staying in the hotel were super friendly and welcoming. I am pretty picky and the beds were comfortable and pillows too, and for a tummy sleeper that is a big deal. I slept like the dead both nights at the Econo Lodge. The location is behind a gas station, fill up for the trip YEAH!!, across and down the street from 7/11 woohoo I get coffee and a paper in the morning and a donut, but they have breakfast in the morning at Econolodge too!!! Its close to on an off the freeway which is great for those of us who are a bit directionally challenged. The service was so great we made a point to stay on our way back home! We will always stay at Econolodge in Salinas - Thanks Andy!

Room Tip: we stayed in 2 different rooms and both were quiet and both nights there were occupied rooms on eith...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Jennifer F for your review. We are incredibly happy that you found our service and accommodations to your expectations and hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

This place was perfect for spending the night, after the other hotel we've booked (The Beachcomber Inn) in Monterey did not honor our reservation and it was late at night, we were driving all day and wanted a place to crash.. This hotel was clean and we had a peaceful night. I thank the friendly staff that found us a room super late and were very nice to us.. and I would stay there again with no problem.. If you need a room to sleep and it's late and you don't want to spend a lot, then this is the place to call

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you Ominozzo for your review. We are glad that you found our prices affordable and look forward to hosting you again soon.
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is probably the poorest motel I have stayed in the past ten years. The fact this motel is rated in the top 10 tells you all you really need to know about staying in the town of Salinas. On this trip I was traveling with my daughter and wife for a softball tournament. If my wife and daughter had been traveling alone, I would not have allowed them to stay at this location. The room was small and very dark. Office was tucked away and the breakfast was almost non-existent. Night time activities in the parking lot were questionable. Very glad it was only a one night stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
First and foremost Dan M, we are very sorry that you found problems in our lodging facilities. We try our absolute best to keep our property clean and free of any "questionable" activities as you stated in your review. We assure you that our property is safe and our staff is extremely accommodating. If there was something that was not to your satisfaction, please bring this up immediately next time as we will do our best to take care of any problems you may have. We hope that we will be able to host you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

After realizing everything was full in Monterey we read reviews and ended up here. Thinking we were safe after reading reviews at other places titled "Crackhole Hotel" we drove the 30 min to this place with decent reviews.
It was Saturday night and you could tell by all the people hanging outside at 11:45pm.
While my friend was checking in I witnessed a transvestite (sure hope the guy it was meeting could tell) get out if a cab to meet its "new" friend. The whole thing was sketchy. As they proceeded to their room, my friend was still inside being charged $30 over what we were quoted on the phone.
When he returned and saw the activity all around, we decided to get our money back and pay a little more for somewhere safe. At least they were willing to honor that.
You can read the reviews but nothing opens your eyes like an actual visit!
Pay a little more if you can and go somewhere else unless your into this kind if thing!

• Stayed June 2012
Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We found this hotel after my husbands other one caught fire. He stays in Salinas 6 months a year due to work. This is his first stay and he loves it. He says the Owner/Manager & Receptionist have gone out of their way to make him as comfortable as possible. It has very clean rooms and is in a nice location right off the freeway. I had a chance to visit recently and have to agree it was a very comfortable visit with a good size room and all the amenities. Thank You Econo Logdge for making my husbands time away from home a little more bearable..Would highly recommend this motel for all weary travelers....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you dencat64 for your review. We are so happy that you found our staff friendly and accommodating. We look forward to a healthy business relationship for many years to come.

Been to Econo Lodge Salinas? Share your experiences!