“BED BUGS! Stay away!! 39 bites!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Salinas North - Monterey Area

You added Motel 6 Salinas North - Monterey Area to your Saves list
Motel 6 Salinas North - Monterey Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   140 Kern Street, US 101/El Camino Real at Market Street, Salinas, CA 93901   |
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Salinas
Clovis, California
“BED BUGS! Stay away!! 39 bites!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Disgusting I saw pest removal equipment and asked one of the maids if it was for bed bugs she indicated it was but I was assured they were isolated, isolated thru out the entire motel, they even had the audacity to tell me a 3rd party had verified no bugs in my room that 214 and 114 were the only problem 9 bites later I call front desk irate at just past mid night and demand to be changed rooms she said they were sold out and couldn't take me to new room I had to throw away my luggage and doubt I will see reimbursement I have the county looking into it now

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This place is terrible.

There was a dirty towel stuffed between the mattress and the box spring, as well as packaging for some kind of lubricant (or the lubricant itself - I did not investigate too closely), lots of hairs, etc. Seriously disgusting!

Immediately after checking in, I went to talk to the lady at the front desk. We were four and there was only three big towels in the room (not counting the dirty one we found under the mattress, obviously). She immediately gave me more towels. I told her about what we found under the mattress and asked her to confirm that the room had been cleaned prior to our arrival. She assured me it had been cleaned but I seriously doubt it.

The carpet was gross and the television had some kind of sticky substance on it.

Also, we did not have to use the heater or the AC, but what looked like an AC/heating unit was in very poor shape. There were also cigarette burns on the blankets.

After notifying the front desk of the issue, we went out to eat. When we returned, the room had not been cleaned!

We were exhausted from our trip and had to go to bed. Considering how dirty the room was, me and my boyfriend decided against taking a shower. We also slept fully clothed (socks, jeans, sweater, and hoodies on).

When we checked out in the morning, I told the person at the front desk that even though I notified the motel staff of how dirty the room was, they did not send housekeeping to clean it up. She did not apologize.

PS: I am currently trying to get a refund for the $69 I paid for the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Downey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

THe location of this hotel is not the best place to bring kids. Very unsafe! If you are travelling alone just be cautious..I understand the purpose...staying cheap but If i can find somewhere else than Salinas that has cheap rooms I will go in a hearbeat. It just happen that there was a big race at the Laguna Seca and almost all hotels are booked.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Found gun clips with bullets between sheets and blanket safe to say they didn't change the sheets... I'm glad one of my two young kids didn't run across the gun clips first... I took it as a sign the town was not a good place to travel through with children

• Stayed June 2012
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed for only one night with some friends on a weekend diving trip in Monterey. The room was quite clean, including the beds and the bathrooms. The room is basically just beds and a TV. I realize it's a pretty cheap motel, but I hoped there would be at least a microwave. The beds weren't that comfortable but it was only one night so it worked. The walls are thin, but luckily there was a family with well-behaved kids on the other side of the wall.

It's pretty isolated, but if you have a car, it's short but confusing drive into Salinas for some authentic and tasty Mexican food. The main advantage of this motel is it's cheap price for the proximity to Monterey. It's a place to stay, don't expect anything more than that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

It's really cheap (less than 20 $ per person) but the room and the bathromm were quite old and need renovation. The room had a bad smell and the key doesn't work very well. The location is quite isolated and it's difficult to find a place to eat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
El Monte, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

It's by far one of the most horrible places to stay. It's not exactly cheap, because for the price it should be way better. They never have ice! Wifi is not always good. Night ladies always knocking at your doors, making noise. When you want room service they always want to do it at their own inconvenient time, and who are we kidding? Do they call that room service? Rooms are always filthy, they smell horrible! I could go on and on.. oh, definitely not a friendly hotel, not even the desk clerks, or the manager.

Room Tip: Scavenger hunt, good luck in finding a good room.