“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Monterey, California
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went to Gino's last night with my boyfriend and everything was amazing. The food was awesome, everything was soo good and we had plenty of leftovers. The bruschetta was fresh and yummy, the Caesar salad was great and the pasta was great and I loved my glass of wine! We had a good time, the only problem I would say was that it was kinda cold in there.... but we are locals and will always go back for the great dinner!! thanks!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Jose, California, United States
“Great pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have eaten at Gino's many times. the service is prompt and friendly, and the pasta dishes are fantastic! I enjoy the fettucine alfredo, carbonarra, and lasagna, but in my experience the best dish is Spaghetti Arturo. It is a simple dish of spaghetti tossed with garlic and bread crumbs cooked in olive oil, with optional red pepper flakes and anchovies. Believe me this is not easy to make, but the crumbs are cooked perfectly - not too crisp and not too soggy, just enough to absorb the delicious taste of the garlic and oil. I highly recommend the Spaghetti Arturo at Gino's!

• Visited June 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was my second time to dine at Gino's. The first was for dinner, and food and service was wonderful. This week was lunch with a friend. Carlos did not give us the service we expect with fine dining. I asked about lower calorie dishes and he wasn't helpful. The same with salad dressing. My salad came swimming in balsamic dressing and I couldn't eat it. When I told him about it, he never even offered to replace it. Seemed like his mind was elsewhere. It was a slow time as well. I give 4 stars as the food was very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Folsom, California
“could have been 5-stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and i were visiting for one night in Salinas and we checked TripAdvisor for an Italian restaurant where we could celebrate her birthday. Gino's was highly rated, so we opted to go there. Very popular place on Friday night! Reservations should be made. Fortunately, we were among the evening's first dining guests and we were given one of the few tables not already reserved. My choice was the scampi on a bed of spinach-filled ravioli and the house salad. Both were very tasty. My wife chose the manicotti with marinara sauce and a Caesar salad. Again, both delicious. Gabrielle, our server, was very attentive. My only reason for downgrading this rating to "very good" was that my meal was not served hot. Gabrielle returned my dish without question for re-heating and subsequently informed me that the kitchen staff discovered that the heating element in the heat lamp was not working. Overall, a most enjoyable birthday meal. "Traveling the world one meal at a time..."

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went here with the family and was very impressed. First, have a reservation because it ill be full of people as it is popular. The food was first rate, my wife was happy with her beet salad, kids loved their pasta and my lasagna was amazing.

The service was superb, all around a great experience and we'll be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere