“My unforgettable stay in Salinas” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Salinas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“My unforgettable stay in Salinas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have an assignment in the area to provide contract work for a cancer center in Salinas for 10 weeks. I stayed with the Residence Inn in Salinas. I will never forget Stacie's smile when she greeted me at the reception desk. I had the best room in the hotel and she make sure that I had everything that I needed including making a meal to make me feel at home. She also guided me about the places to visit around Salinas like Monterey because she is born and raised in the area. Every day I was greeted with a smile from the staff who asked me if I have everything that I need. Breakfast was excellent with a lot of fruits and healthy foods like cereals. They also have evening social every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday where the guests get together and share a hamburger or salad. The ambiance is very friendly and relaxing. The housekeepers kept my room very clean and asked me if there is anything else they can do for me. Despite my time away from home (I live in Tucson, Arizona), I never miss home because of the extra-attention that I get from the staff which make me feel like a member of their family. I will come back here and would recommend the Marriott Residence Inn to anybody who go for business or vacation in the Salinas area. The whole staff in the hotel is exceptional.

Nam Nguyen M.D.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Trabuco Canyon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Overall the experience was ok. I have stayed in better Residence Inns. When we arrived things were clean and the front desk girl addressed us courteously but without a smile. We then went upstairs to our room and everything was clean and appeared to be fine. That night when we were winding down the upstairs neighbor came in and was really noisy and sounded like they were going to come in through the ceiling. They quit about 11 that night. Thank goodness. The breakfast was ok and standard but that morning we found that the toilet has plumbing issues but the staff helped to clear it up. But overall everything was ok.

Room Tip: Make sure to book the top floor so you don't hear the people above pouncing around. Plus, please...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
San Pablo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Matt, Lucy, and Cynthia all went above and beyond to see that all my needs were met. I had a special need for a conference phone and Matt didn't quit until he found one for me (ended up he actually borrowed one from the front desk!).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff was great. Hotel was clean in rooms and lobby. Saturday morning breakfast was good but could have used a few more healthy alternatives (only watermelon for fruit for example). Close to 101 and shopping just down the street with several restaurants nearby as well.

Now the bad: The mattress in our room was in need of replacing - my wife and I both commented on that the next morning. The jacuzzi must have been under repair so could not use. The pool could have been cleaner. There was an earring and its backing on the side cement that looked like it had been there a while because it was rusted although I suppose some kid could have fished it out from the bottom of the pool. The pool itself had many long hair floating in it and a hair tie was floating in the bottom of the pool as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DJCarlsen, General Manager at Residence Inn Salinas, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your stay. I am sorry to hear that we fell below your expectations. If there is anything further you wish to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Stockton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The one bedroom suit was definitely made for 2. There were 2 spoons, 2 plates, 2 cups, etc. except for towels and there were double the issue. Complementary coffee, tea, popcorn. They needed to have complementary drinking water; the tap water made us gag.
The staff was very helpful and checking to see if there is anything they can do to make your stay more enjoyable. Free internet access was a plus.
They have social nights, but we were not there on the correct night. The day of the week seems to change so contact the hotel directly for information.

Room Tip: Park in the back. Less distance to travel with bags.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and found our employees to be friendly and accommodating. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again soon here in Monterey.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

A reasonable place to stop for one night. An older hotel which has had some decor updates.

The bed was comfortable and the room was ok, but lack of soundproofing from above was an issue. We heard the guests upstairs entering their room and getting ready for bed at night. They were up at 6am and it was very loud, we heard every footstep and conversation.

There was a strong smell of chemicals in the hallway, elevator and our room. We had to open all the windows but it still made us cough.

The hotel is located in between two shopping centres, very near US-101.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor if you can, then you won't get disturbed by guests above
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

San Miguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I am a business traveler who spends a lot of time on the road and this is one of my favorite places to stay. It has all the amenities a hotel can offer. It is always clean, comfortable and well maintained. It’s conveniently located just off the highway near shopping and a short drive to all the activities Monterey has to offer, but that’s not the best part. It’s the staff! Housekeeping to Management you’ll never meet a friendlier, more accommodating group of people anywhere. You will always be greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. This staff makes it a point to create a home away from home atmosphere and they do it very professionally. I can’t say enough about the front desk staff they are all well trained, polite and efficient, which is just in addition to being very pleasant and happy people. This Marriott also has a complimentary breakfast and an evening social, which include a small salad bar and grilled dogs or burgers. The food service area is always clean and the presentation always appetizing.
These are all features that make this property standout over and above the rest and is the reason my crew insists on staying here. If you are traveling on business or on vacation with your family, I think you will enjoy it as well.
Some of these amenities are starting to be cut back, but we are all hoping the decisions will be reconsidered and allow this Marriott to remain, as it was, The Best!
John G

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DJCarlsen, General Manager at Residence Inn Salinas, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
John,

We are very pleased that we have over the many years met your expectations and continue to do so. Thank you for your continued acknowlegment of our team and management. We look forward to being your hotel of choice and of course being your "Home Away From Home". Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you again soon here in Salinas.

Been to Residence Inn Salinas? Share your experiences!