“Empty and still slow service!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 290 Restaurants in Salinas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Empty and still slow service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

My gf and I went in around 10pm on a Sunday and there was not that many people in there and we still had the slowest service ever(even compared to it being busy). It was ridiculous!!! Our server was Amanda and she did not come to check on us except when we waved her down and she tried to avoid eye contact so we couldn't flag her down! Worst service at a BJs ever.

Salinas, California
“Servic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My first visit to BJ's was good. The food was good and the service was good. Don't know what happened but the service has fallen totally apart. The food is still good, however it would be better if it was served while it was still hot. The last 2 times we were there at least one of our orders was wrong. The servers don't seem to listen or care what you want., There always seems to be plenty of staff so I am at a loss as to why it takes so long and why the food is always just warm. Don't think I will be back any time soon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seaside, California, United States
“Help, somebody”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

A friend and I arrived at the restaurant at about 8 pm. One of the person who greeted us asked us if we would like to sit by the bar for happy hour. I asked her "really?", and said "sure". Then she came running after us and said "oh, I am sorry but happy hour was until 7pm". We agreed to be seated to a table and after about 5 minutes of seating there, no one even bother to ask us if we were being helped. They just walk by us as if we were not there. So, I went to the front (there were about six employees congregating there) and asked them if they wanted us to be there because we are not getting any service. Andrew finally came and helped us out. He is very apologetic and that he would take care of us. He did his best but his co-workers let him down.

We ordered a pizza with appetizers and beers. The pizza came out first. I was eating the first slice when the waiter came and said that they didn't have any more Clam Chowder. The manager came out (I had to ask him if he is the manager - he did not introduce himself) and apologized about not having the soup. I told him about the lack of service but he seemed uninterested about it. He offered us free dessert, but we were not interested in dessert. We just wanted service.

My friend opted to get the other soup and I was on my second slice when the appetizers came out. Naturally, I started eating my salad and my friend started eating her soup, then the beers came out. By the time we were done with the appetizers, the pizza is cold. We were about mid-way on our pizza when the dessert arrived. The waitress asked us if we would like a box for our pizza. I told her that we were not quite done just yet and that we were not ready for the dessert.

We've been coming to this restaurant once every 3 to 4 weeks and this is the worst experience I've had. Everything was backwards. Andrew, you did your best, but overall, this night is a Big Failure!!!!

Maybe we'll go back to Apple Bees, next time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“What Happened?!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived at this restaurant at a moderately busy time. But there were multiple staff members there. I lost count of how many waiters and waitresses, cause there were so many. But the time it took to get our entrees was hard to believe. And when it was served to us, the disappointment to discover that the food was burned and tasted weird. Of course we sent it back and they replaced it with something else - but that was burned too. We couldn't take it anymore, we ordered the rest of our stuff to be wrapped up, paid our check (and still left a tip), and got the heck out of there. I really think the kitchen was to blame for this bad experience, the waitress that helped us was a delightful and helpful person. This was our first trip to this restaurant - But I doubt we will go back again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, AZ
“Looking for good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stopped in here on a return trip south. Looked busy and we didn't want a fast food place. This brewhouse did the trick. Very good food, reasonable prices and good service. Glad I don't live in the area...I would be there all the time.

• Visited July 2013