“Great place to stay the week” 5 of 5 stars

You added Travelers Hotel to your Saves list
Travelers Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16 E Gabilan Street, Salinas, CA 93901   |
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Salinas
“Great place to stay the week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I needed to go to salinas for work on short notice. Kevin offered me a great place to stay, and was super reasonable on short notice (i came in really late at night). If ur on a budget and need a place to stay, I definitely recommend travelers to get maximum bang for your buck.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Salinaa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Kevin is a very nice guy he was in the front when I walked through the door. He provided me with a nice comfy room and helped me find a tv to play xbox on. The bed was comfortable and there is a good Mexican resteraunt next door. It is also very close to entertainment.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was small, but so was the price tag. The guy at reception was polite and helpful, pointing out places to eat and things to do. The Internet worked well. The hotel is located in the town centre which meant everything was within walking distance. There was free parking behind the hotel. Would stay here again. However, if you are looking to spend a lot of time hanging out in your room you might find it a bit cramped. We were happy as we just needed a nice place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012
New England, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Clean, convenient, inexpensive, friendly, and helpful. Best of all its right downtown in the historic district of Salinas - a block from the Steinbeck Center. I arrived late without a reservation and Kevin was very accomodating. Enchiladas at the associated Mexican restaurant next door were a welcome treat after a drive over the mountains from Fresno.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Berkeley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I read the reviews and decided to stay here despite some negative ones because I'm not picky--I just wanted a cheap place to sleep, and it was exactly what I had expected. I got a room with a private bathroom, though now I wish I hadn't because the toilet didn't work, so I ended up using the public toilets anyway, but still had a private shower. Everything was clean, but there wasn't enough toilet paper in the public bathrooms. The best thing about this place is definitely the location. There's plenty to do within walking distance and it's nice and quiet, which can't be said for other Salinas hotels where I've stayed. All in all, the room was perhaps a bit below the standard and the guy at the front desk was never there and didn't come when we rang the bell, but I'd say that given the price and location, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel is old, and the outside appearance may not be perfect. However I had a great stay in a very comfortable room at this hotel for a whole week. I just recently was hired as a teacher in the Salinas area and had to move about 600 miles in a very short time with little money to accomplish the move. I needed a cheap place to live until I was able to find an apartment. I found the travelers hotel on the internet, and was a little cautious at first due to the area and appearance of the outside of the hotel. The manager was extremely friendly, and helpful. He made sure I had a fridge and microwave in my room since I was staying for so long, and needed to save money by eating in my room more often than eating out. All in all I had a wonderful experience at this hotel, an being a women traveling alone to a unfamiliar area, it was nice knowing that I had a good safe room to come home to after work. This place also has free wifi which was very helpful for me while looking for a place to live. If you need an inexpensive place to sleep for one night or longer I highly recommend the Travelers Hotel in Salinas!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private bathroom, not all of them have one!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My friend and I needed a place to stay in the Salinas Monterey area. At first we were skeptical because it has mixed reviews, but we were completely satisfied. Our room had a private bathroom (not all rooms do). The room and bathroom were really clean, fresh and comfortable. We checked out the public bathroom, and it was just as clean as ours. There is no elevator but no big deal. The indoor property is safe and has a lot of history. It’s the only hotel in downtown Salinas and perfect location with easy access to public transportation and tons of restaurants. It’s a nice little treat to walk to the nearby cinemas to watch the latest blockbuster movie and have a drink at the Monterey Brewing Company after long day of walking and sightseeing.
I wasn't expecting a whole lot for the price but the Travelers Hotel was better than anticipated. Kevin the front desk manger was super friendly and definitely made us feel at home. I think we definitely come back again if we came to Monterey. Thank you Kevin for making our weekend memorable.

Room Tip: kevin is super sweet and kind!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Travelers Hotel? Share your experiences!