“KR-Holla” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salida
Manteca, California
“KR-Holla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Great location from tthe highway. Staff was friendly and offered cold bottled water upon our arrival. room was clean, refrigerator and micro a plus with the kids. Breakfast was hot and fresh!! and the gal that served us was amazing. Overall hotel and staff were excellent! The kids were even given a breakast bag to snack on for our trip home as we left. We will be back on our nect trip through

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
WeLoveHavingYou, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear KR-Holla, Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to compliment our hotel. On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn & Suites Salida team we want you know we appreciate you choosing us for your home away from home travel needs. We take great pride in providing our guests with the utmost professional and personalized customer service. We look forward to having the pleasure of your company next time you’re in town!

Amber Howe
DOS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

This Hampton Inn is easily accessible from the highway. My room was spacious, and I had lots of TV channels. The refrigerator and microwave are handy for guests who will be staying for a while. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and breakfast was fine. It is nice to get a hot breakfast. I don't recommend the scrambled eggs, as they were dry and crumbly, but the turkey sausage was very good, and there's a big bowl of apples and oranges. The railroad tracks are nearby, so the train whistle might bother light sleepers. My only real complaint was that the housekeeping supervisor obviously had not done a room inspection prior to my arrival -- there were two black hairs in the tub (I'm blonde), a brown spot on the toilet seat that I cleaned off myself, and a poor little dead black bug, lying on his back under the sink, who shared my bathroom with me for the entire stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

We travel four to five times a year. Checking in to this hotel was quick and easy. Room was clean, large, and well kept. The hot breakfast was better than most hotels and the hostess was very nice, friendly, and attentive to the customers. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Manhattan, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

My husband and I have talked with about a half dozen people in regarding their "100% satisfaction or you don't pay guarantee," and now we have to file a false advertisement claim. The Hilton representatives down to the desk clerks are all rude, selectively ignorant, and dismissive. Not impressed with this "top" chain of hotels.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

This Hampton Inn delivers what you normally expect from a Hampton. I stay in Hotels 3-4 nights per week, all over country. This hotel doesnt have "Cable TV", but uses "Direct TV" instead, so there were MORE than the normal channel offerings.
The only disappointment I experienced was the bed. Many Hamptons have a very soft mattress topper... this one didnt, but otherwise the bed was fine.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I was only here for one night with my mother and uncle in August. It is a typical Hampton Inn, large room complete with full desk and mini-fridge, free breakfast and a full range of toiletries. There was a pool and small workout room. Plus there are a few restaurants within walking distance.

I didn't have any issues with the front desk staff or any service complaints. The front desk lady when I checked in wasn't the most personable person ever, but nothing to complain about. One plus is the free wireless.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

I could have driven the three hours home after a very long and difficult day of attending a close family member's funeral. Instead my family booked me a room to spare me the trip. Upon checking in my husband and I noticed that the hallways, dining area, and lounge were swarmed with teenagers and pre-teens. I was advised that there were several athletic tournaments going on and hundreds of these kids were staying there, but assured that our stay would be pleasant without any disturbance. Boy was that a lie.

We were checked into a room on the second floor and although the room was ok we were literally surrounded by children. From the moment we arrived we were met with slamming doors, screaming children, banging, laughing and any other noise they could possibly make. At one point I looked out the peephole to see a boy kicking a ball against our nearby wall. Since I wasn't going to bed yet I decided to give the children and hotel the benefit of the doubt that come 10 pm (quiet time) things would subside. Once again I was wrong.

A group of children quickly gathered outside my door and remained until 2:30 am. Although the front desk, prompted by my and apparently several other complaints, attempted to send the children back to their rooms a few minutes later the group would gather once again.The girls and boys were giggling, chatting, yelling and laughing all night long. Finally as mentioned at approximately 2:30 am with loud goodnight's and door slams they went to bed.

At 5:45 am the next morning (after 3 hours of sleep) I was awoken to once again to slamming doors, screams, bouncing balls and laughter. I called the front desk once again, truly angry at the situation. She told me that despite her best efforts the night before she realized that they disturbed guests well into the morning and that alone at the desk there was nothing she could do regarding the current noise. I myself attempted to tell them to be quiet, but to no avail.

I asked the front desk once again at 6:30 am when they still ran up and down the halls if there wasn't an adult to talk to? I mean hundreds of kids didn't just check themselves into a hotel without supervision...that seems a bit far fetched. I was advised that they didn't have a list of adults or anyone else to contact. I was shocked! I worked in the hotel industry for four years and also as a teen visited with choirs and other school trips. ALWAYS a list was provided for adults in case this very type of situation occurred, but apparently Hampton Inn and Suites is not concerned with the welfare of their adult paying customers.

The noise continued until about 8:30 am when I assume the kids left for their games or whatever. Upon leaving they slammed doors, banged suitcases against our door and screamed all the way down the hall. Sadly it was time for us to get up and get going so we weren't able to enjoy the silence.

I am angered that my family spent 100 dollars of their hard earned money to provide me comfort after a very emotionally and physically difficult day. It would have been more beneficial to have just driven home, we would have gotten more sleep for sure!!! When I mentioned this to the girl she offered no consolation or discounts, nothing. She was unapologetic as the treatment we had received and so we left, exhausted.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida? Share your experiences!